[Resolved] Virgin Mobile / total rip off

CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 661-333-3333

Does anyone have a class action suit against Virgin Mobile? Or does anyone know how to file one and join me in one? I am so stressed out over trying to deal with their customer service/and supervisors and they are the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Better yet, does anyone work for them? I need a way to contact a corporate officer, i have been hung up on twice asking for a number after 6 phone calls, at least 40 min long each.once I was told that the supervisor was the highest c/s person there, (Rudy) so after i got him on the line i threatened to record him so he hung up. They just want you to give up... WRONG, They wont even give you an employee number or last name of the employees you speak with so you can keep written records, I wonder how many Marks, Jessicas, Josephs, Jennels, Rudys... etc... they have??? They are liars and I want all my records/pulled the times of contact, who i spoke with, the outcomes, etc. Can anyone advise me? please e-mail me my phone number is wrong above... thanks, DEE.

Resolution statement

Virgin Mobile Customer Care's Response, Mar 12, 2009
Hi, I'm with Virgin Mobile USA, Denisse. We're very sorry for your experience and would like to put you directly in touch with a customer care executive. Please send an email to PR@virginmobileusa.com with your VM phone number and contact information and put COMPLAINTSBOARD in the subject line. We're not perfect but we will never stop trying. Jayne

Comments

Al
  1st of Jun, 2007

Virgin Mobile - They put me on the wrong plan!

The Virgin Mobile Top off Idea is a set up. I ordered a $50.00 card to cover the monthly plan of $34 a month and 9.99 penny Text. The only reason I signed up was for the Text plan. That was on 5-19-07 My phone was turned off on 5-31-07 because they said I signed up for the 18cents a min. plan. I talked to a Valery the floor supervisor out of the New Mexico office and she was so rude to me that I'm going to file a formal complaint to get her fired. Seems that there's a rip off scam going on here doesn't it.

AjS OC California.
Pa
  25th of Jul, 2007

Virgin Mobile - Very poor service!

I'm very appalled with virgin mobile. Not only did i loose over a lot of money i also lost pictures of my dad who passed away in january because of a defective phone. They told me there wasn't anything they could do about it but they said they were sorry and they understood. I just met my dad a year before he died. They wouldn't even reimburse the money i lost wen they sent me the first defective replacement phone. I just wonder if they think its ok to burn people. I felt i should of at least been credited my monthly phone charges. I've had the same number for almost three years. It wasn't my fault there phones were defective. They must really think its ok to rip people off.
Mr
  18th of Aug, 2007
Virgin Mobile totally ripped me off as well. Their customer service wasn't helpful at all. They are not in business to help you out. They are in business to rip people off.
Va
  27th of Dec, 2007

Virgin Mobile - Hassle and negligence
www.virginmobileusa.com

I ordered a ringtone in September and a game in October. My phone could not download either. I had been calling, emailing and text messaging Virgin Mobile about this from the beginning. It took my persistence and nearly four months for this to be resolved. Not only that, my last phone call to them which lasted 34 minutes consisted mostly of me waiting on hold and being asked by two different representatives if I was willing to accept "about $5" instead of what I paid.

I insisted on a full refund, which I did receive. I subsequently filed a formal complaint about their customer service.

The second time I phoned their company to get my phone activation corrected (the first attempt was unsuccessful) I was assisted by an incredibly nasty and downright insulting representative. She was snide and very short with me, to the point I was rather dumbfounded as well as offended. At the end of our conversation I requested to participate in their customer service survey, which was offered at the start of the phone call. The rep turned vicious and snapped "Definitely!" and then actually hung up on me.

While I have spoken with some courteous and efficient people at Virgin Mobile over the months, which I did mention in my complaint, the hassle and negligence I have come to associate with this company is not worth putting up with.

I'm getting a new phone and going with MetroPCS.
Gh

New South Wales
Australia
Phone: 80137066
www.virginbroadband.com

I have taken a virgin broadband connection. But it does not work
good. I have taken that connection on 26/03/08. But the modem shows only one tower. Please increase our range and cheak .
Ja

Texas
Phone: 2542451656
www.virgin.com/gateways/mobile/

*** VIRGIN MOBILE***
i bought virgin mobile prepaid cellphone at wallmart also card worth 50.oo dollars, then when my card is run off i go to the virgin online website . Theirs a good deal plan to choices... so purchased online 1000 minutes worth almost 29.99dollars, of course when i purchased by using my master card.
In fast few weeks i received online statement from my bank i was so shock thats very rediculos amount almost 1000.00 dollars cost deducted to my checking account.
I called phone company they told me no company inform regarding my excess minutes ... they given me every call 5.95 .. even calling for there customer support. they charge...so please be aware of that phone company...
Ro
  7th of Apr, 2008
Virgin Mobile is THE worst phone company I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. I have had my daughter's phone with them for sometime and I will no longer use them...and I wish I could tell everyone I know not to use them. The customer service is the absolute worst!! Poor english and not at all helpful. I have spent almost 5, yes literally 5, hours on the phone with customer service to get my service restored and it is still off. I have been disconnected, lied to and given the run around until I can't stand it any longer!! I can't believe they are still in business operating like this. I have had no service for over a month, can't get it back on and can't get my money back. Their customer service is no service at all and are worthless!! I wouldn't recommend them to my own worst enemy!!! Stay away!!
  10th of Apr, 2008

Virgin Mobile - Scammers!
3400 hardwood forest drive
Nebraska
Phone: 502-933-1256
www.virginmobileusa.com

Brand new activated CC was given to Virgin Mobile charges was applied that was not authorized... they say they they will put you on 18 cents pay as you go but put you on 20 cent plan cheap phones - and then simone which is automated answering service is the worse. You can not understand her she does not understand you and Virgin Mobile puts you on hold while extremely loud music plays -worse company to do any business with.

I feel sorry for the workers who have to follow company policy's over worked under payed!
Gh

New South Wales
Australia
Phone: 02-80137066
virzinbroadband.com.au

I have bought a virgin broadband at home. I brought it on 26/03/08. I have already complating 1 time before but no change in it. so, i want to complaint that sometimes it dissconect when we use it and it has totol 5 towers but, it shows only 1-2 towers please chaek our range.
Do
  14th of May, 2008
Beware of Virgin Mobile. For their no-contract phones which you have to activate at least every 3 months with a top-off card, you often end up being cheated of time because of the way they add activation time. Time is added to the date of when you use the card rather than starting from the expiration date of the last card. For example, what happened to me was that I bought 2 cards hoping to add 6 months. But when I added them over 2 days, all that happened was that I got 3 months beyond the date I used the 2nd card rather than 3 months beyond the expiration date of the first. I felt ripped off. The only way to maximize activation time is to wait to the last minute before adding the next card which is very risky to me. "Tracfone", which does cost a little more, at least will add time after the current expiration date. Be aware of this before you buy their phone.
Ca
  6th of Aug, 2008

Virgin Mobile - Fraudulent use of funds
virginmobileusa.com

Last month I set my daughter up with an unlimited texting plan thru VM. Two days prior to the new month starting, my daughter checked her balance, which was $19 and change. I 'topped up' another $10. The day the plan rolled over, VM started charging her for each text. By the time we caught it, she had gone thru a significant amount of her balance. She called to get the problem fixed and after going thru their joke of a menu system was finally told by someone that doesn't speak English as a first language to take the battery out of her phone, call VM back and then hang up. When this didn't work, I called. Went thru the same stupid menu system and finally talked to a guy that said the phone had to be reprogrammed, but she would have to call from the phone itself. So then SHE called back and was told that she had run through her account balance and would have to top off another $20! She was also told that she had to CALL to tell them she wanted to continue with her unlimited texting plan each month. HUH????

At this point I was beyond pissed and called again. Once again spoke to someone (from where? freaking India???) and was told that my daughter's balance was way below the amount needed. I kept trying to explain that yes, I was sure it was, because THEY HAD BEEN CHARGING THE ACCOUNT INCORRECTLY FOR TWO DAYS. But her English wasn't good enough, or maybe the 'I just don't give a crap' mentality had kicked in, I don't know.

So, yes, I am cancelling the account, and I would caution anyone who is considering using this service to rethink that decision. They have all these little hidden fees that they charge (including checking your balance), and if you ever plan to call one of their 'experts', plan on camping out on the phone for a significant period of time because they make it almost impossible to get thru to a live person. I am currently filing a complaint with my Attorney General.
Ra
  17th of Aug, 2008
i agree this is the worst mobile phone company i have ever had the misfortune of experiencing. virgin are a bunch of thieves. they entice you to buy top up cards claiming that once you top up you get a cheaper rate..what they dont tell you is that this rate does not apply unless you call a customer representative..i lost 15 dollars in three days in this manner..and they refused to up tha rate unless i went and bought another top up card..amazing.
Jo
  17th of Aug, 2008
virginmobile turned off my phone for nothing and kept my minutes and my cash. They want to charge my top up card AND my credit card. I am going to stand out in front of their office tomorrow with a sign and tell all that they are a lying, rude, thieving crappy, company. PLEASE tell me the agencies that I could contact I am going to complain to everyone I can. I want my money back. thanks. Lemme
Da
  5th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Lick your wounds and move on. Eventually these companies will suffer and disappear like a f*rt in the wind. I also had bad experiences with Virgin Mobile. I am going to eat the money spent and watch as they eventually go under.

Case in point... Sprint Mobile. I dropped them real fast after lousy customer service and multiple problems with service. Now, they are suffering financially.

Virgin Mobiles time will come...
  11th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am being totally ripped off by virgin mobile right now. I go to acct. activity and it shows that the amount of calls do not add up to what they are taking from me.
If you want to start a class action lawsuit against them. Count me in. I am so pissed right now I could spit fire.
I think the reason we are getting ripped off is because it is pre-paid and they don't think that we will question where the money is going and why it goes so fast. I have spent a grip of money on this phone and I plan on getting it back. Every last cent. Why?? Because I've been with them for over 5 years and that my friend adds up to a bunch of money. MY MONEY!!
Dg

Los Angeles
California
Phone: 310 936 9561
virginmobil.com

I just got my 10 yr old a virgin cell phone (pay as you go & top up). I can access the website and monitor calls etc. but have noticed that the available balance does not add up to the number of calls she makes. Their accounting is away off. I have tried calling numerous times, been given credit, only for the same thing to happen right after. They are unknowledgable and unhelpful. I get disconnected numerous times, and it takes so long to talk to a live service rep. It is so frustrating. I want to return the phone and get my money refunded but, since I got it via web, they will not give me an address to return the phone to. I am european and have used Virgin Atlantic to fly often, NEVER AGAIN.. this company is the worst I have ever dealt with. It is a nightmare.. PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY VIRGIN PHONES, DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST... BEWARE OF VIRGIN MOBIL.. THIEVES.
Xe
  6th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
yeah this all total BS right now they addeed new options for internet 1.50 a day/1mb(used to be a dollar mind you) 5 dollars for 5 mb, 10 for 20 mb 0r 20 for 50 and unlimited virgin xl, i take the 5 cause it was all i could afford at the time, since then i got a 20 dollar top up and have been waiting for my internet to expire so i can upgrade to a better pack, i wait and waint and wait then i notice my internet is replenishing itself that draws a flag right there, then i get upwards of about 5 dollars taken from my account and now i look their taking a 150 from me without even asking if i want to keep using the internet or me autherizing them to do so so far i've been bilked for at least 12 bucks of my money. if this ever goes though i will so gladly join you who knows how much money they have stolen from people over the years.
St
  25th of Oct, 2008
how do i put money on my phone with creditcard
Jw
  6th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Anyone who has a complaint with Virgin Mobile should file a complaint with the FCC. Just Google FCC and you can get all the information you need to file.

I had a problem with Virgin Mobile a couple of months ago. I sent many emails and faxes. I made many phone calls. And I got no results at all. I warned them repeatedly that I would file a complaint with the FCC. I guess they didn't believe me. Well, I did it and I got results. The FCC did follow up and my account was credited for the $60 that Virgin Mobile owed me. I was worried that since it was such a small amount that the FCC would blow me off and ignore my complaint, but they came through. And I notice that it is a lot harder for Virgin Mobile to blow off the FCC like they do to their customers.

It takes very little effort to file a complaint. You can print off a form from the FCC website or you can even send the complaint online. Virgin Mobile doesn't want to deal with us, so let them deal with the FCC.
Ja
  10th of Nov, 2008
also realising that if you make a short call an then send about 15 messags to the same person over an hour the messeges dont get charged. second if you really wanted to you could change to boost etc. freedom of speech and actions means that if you really wanted to piss someone off you can but just stop giving everyone else the ###.

Virgin Mobile Logo Virgin Mobile