Virgin Media / Moving home

England, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01737216469
I was about to move house, so I contacted Virgin to arrange to cancel services and collection of equipment. They arranged to collect between 12-6 on Thursday 4th September, which was after I moved. I returned to the house to let them collect their equipment, but they failed to turn up. I arranged another appointment, but complained and asked for compensation for the 80 miles travelling involved. They say it is not their fault that I decided to move home so I am entitled to nothing - and attempting to take my complaint further would do no good as the complaint would only be returned to the person I was talking to!
My Fault? They had 6 hours to turn up, but they couldn't even be bothered to let me know they weren't coming! Now I have to bear the costs of an 80 mile round trip because of their bad service, all with no ombudsman to take the complaint to.
I have now managed to get a £10 reduction of my bill, which barely covers half my costs.
Customer service or customer circus?

Comments

Ma
  2nd of Oct, 2009
I have recently moved house on the 21st September, the Move was informed 3 weeks before the move date to Virgin and my new account and numbers where provided and an installation date of 28th September was set .
3 days before the installation date a letter was posted through the door that there was an issue for the Monday install by the Construction survey team. i rang as soon as i got the letter and no issue had been logged. i was told that they would call if there was an issue.
I received no such call but called the Construction team again on the Saturday at 4:00pm where i was left waiting 15min on the phone until someone answered, again no issue was found and was told to ignore the letter.
On the Monday no engineer arrived i contacted the construction team and they have told me that the issue was logged late on Saturday .. less than two days before the install and no one contacted us to tell us that an engineer was coming. this was unacceptable as we had taken a day off work to meet the engineer. if we where not in then we would of been charged had he turned up. I was told by the construction team that it would take over 10day to contact the Council to fix the issue ( had the survey been done to fit this time scale this would not been an issue) and that they would try and get a fix as soon as possible.
I contacted the customer care team as i have not heard anything since the Monday and have been told my installation date is not the 10th of November.. this was not checked that we would be available for this day ... also if we are ok for this date and we have received no sorry or discount for our hassle and Inconvenience caused by this complete failure in a move by Virgin, we are now left without Board band and A house phone also a virgin box we can not use for another month. it's been 1 of teh worst experances ever from a media company .. ca complete disregards for there customers...

Virgin Media Logo Virgin Media