VIP Travel / Deceptive & dishonest sales!

Lexington, SC, United States Review updated:
I caution anyone who receives an invitation to attend a sales presentation from VIP Travel to check with the BBB first. This company uses deceptive and dishonest sales and marketing practices to entice prospects to become members of its travel club. It gives examples of very attractive travel deals it says it offers its members which it says will shortly offset the membership cost which runs in the thousands of dollars. I tried four times to book something with VIP and each time the savings were non-existent. I was even told by one of their travel agents not to bother using them for air transportation and car rentals because I could do just as well going directly to the airline or rental company myself. That's definitely not what the sales guy said! I demanded my money back from Michael Mitchell, the president, and got a form letter back saying he refuses to do it. This is not a reputable company. I've never entered into an agreement before with a company I didn't know until now and I can't tell you how much I regret having done so with VIP.

Comments

Ri
  4th of Jun, 2008
We purchase a membership Sept. 17, 2007. Have tried to use our membership without success. Finally after months of trying, filed a complaint with Department of Consumer Advocate South Carolina, a TV station in SC, and several internet complaint boards. Here is part of their response to all three areas:They said:

'they had explained, and stated at the seminar where we bought the membership, and in their membership pack, any request for accommodation outside their 'major areas of concentration', was not promised their service.

Well, I am printing, directly from their membership packet:

'The VIP Travel Plan is unique in the fact that 'each' time you travel you will enjoy substantial savings. Whether you enjoy luxurious condos, cruising, all-inclusive reports, 3, 4, and 5 Star hotels, discounts on theme park tickets, restaurants, golf or RV rental, we can accommodate 'all' of your travel needs while saving you and your family money.'

(1) That's what we were told at the seminar, when we bought the membership;
(2) that is what is published in their membership pack.

It appears they do not abide by their own membership publications. I have not attaacked them anywhere. I have, however, stated fact, after fact, after fact.

Please review here and other internet complaint boards, do a search on
'VIP Travel' and you can decide for yourself if you wish to do business with them.

Also, VIP Travel was sued by South Carolina Department of Consumer Advocate in April 2008.. Must say something about VIP Travel.