Park Royal Complaints & Reviews

Park RoyalBeware! Park Royal is a fraud!

Research Royal Holiday before going on your vacation to a Park Royal hotel in Mexico. There are many complaints published on the internet about this company. This hotel is part of Royal Holiday - a big chain of hotels in Mexico.

Beware, they will try to sell you a membership. They will try to trap you into becoming their member, and will offer you deals that will seem too good to be true. Do your research first, and you will enjoy your vacation later. Put in Royal Holiday complaints, Royal Holiday fraud, or Royal Holiday scams into a search engine like Google or Yahoo. You will see that they give you everything you could want, because when you get home they deliver nothing.

Travel agencies online get special promotional prices to send tourists to these resorts.

The reason the price is so low is they will try to convert you into their member. They have a great web site, give you well done books and CDs, because they are taking tens of thousands of dollars, and that is all you will get, the book and CD's. You won't get any of the incentives. And what are you going to do about it when you are in the United States or Canada? They hire collection agencies to enforce the payments, even though they always say the resorts are booked when you try to schedule a vacation.

Stay away from these resorts. I got caught in this trap and I don't want anyone to go through what I am going.

• Ri
      Richard Carzona Apr 21, 2007

This hotel belongs to Royal Holiday. Beware, they will try to sell you a membership. Research Royal Holiday before going on your vacation to a Park Royal hotel in Mexico. If you do a search with Royal Holiday fraud, or Royal Holiday complaints you will see the pattern of deception this company practices. By going to Park Royal, or one of the other resorts owned by Royal Holiday you are stepping into a marketing trap. If you read this information first, you can enjoy your vacation and avoid the presentations, and offers that seem too good to be true. Many people are sorry now, but they were not warned. This is a warning. Travel agencies online like BookIt get special promotional prices to send tourists to these resorts. Their representatives encourage guests to attend presentations and take advantage of these offers. They must be getting kickbacks or are actually a part of the company. I don't know, I only know their prices are better than any one elses.

BEWARE of Park Royal. AVOID FREE OFFERS, they are bait.

Sandra Treat Apr 22, 2007

I am well aware of Park Royal and Royal Holiday and the way they market. Anyone visiting Cozumel, or other Mexican resorts should be warned about this before they go. There are numerous cases of customers from Crusie ships that also get scammed. Go to Squeaky Wheel complaints and put in Royal Holiday in their search box. Also visit other complaint sites about Royal Holiday. Warn anyone you know who is planning a vacation to these areas. It is sad, but they take money from families who need it for other things. They don't care. They make deals with travel sites like BookIt to get more victims to attend the presentations, serve alcohol, and offer free gifts. The same story is told over and over.

The Mexican government needs to do something to regulate this. There is a five day "cooling off" period, but countless stories document that Royal Holiday either does not put it in the contract, or honor it if it is invoked. In the United States this has to be in the contract, and initialed that the customer was warned.

Again, beware.

• Ri
      Rick Hardy May 16, 2007

We went to Park Royal Cozumel and it was beautiful, until I got caught up in a Royal Holiday nightmare. If you go to one of these resorts, the reason the price is so low is they are going to try to get you to sign a contract in Mexico. I now know it is STUPID to sign a major expenditure contract in a foreign country. Enjoy the vacation, but don't even go to the presentation. Put Royal Holiday complaints in a search engine and read what these presentations can get you. They will offer you everything, because they don't provide ANY of the services they sell. They have a great web site, give you well done books and CDs, because they are taking tens of thousands of dollars, and that is all you will get, the book and CD's. You won't get any of the incentives. And what are you going to do about it when you are in the United States or Canada? They hire collection agencies to enforce the payments, even though they always say the resorts are booked when you try to schedule a vacation. Funny thing, the travel agencies can get you in. Only members who have already paid for the vacations get blocked out. It is a real racket. I am going through HELL to resolve this. Stay away from vacation sales, especially in foreign countries.

• Li
      Linda Unplease purchaser Jan 08, 2011

I sign the contract yesterday and went today to cancel.Went I went the manager was disrespectful and told me if I cancel I would loss my 4000 that I left for desposit. I agree that a certain amount should be deducted but not everything. Does someone know who I can talk with about this issue.

• Is
      Isipo Aug 29, 2013

It seems like this is a very common problem in Mexico. My wife & i bought into a Royal Elite Timeshare in Playa del Carmen. We stayed in sandos caracol resort & signed contract for royal elite. we've found out in the last few months that availiablity of resorts that we require are very limited (sales person shown us extensive range of hotels). flight deals are no better than booking myself. we enquired to stay lanzarote sandos dec 2012 the ai rate is in total $1900 for the week. i feel that this is going to be costly in the long run, not the ideal deal that was sold to us. This is a forum with more complaints about this company:

I'm in the process of calling the BBB and PROFECO and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!

Park RoyalExercise caution

The following is an excerpt from the U.S. State Department site. Visit it for the whole warning.:

American citizens should exercise caution when considering time-share investments and be aware of aggressive tactics used by some time-share sales representatives. Buyers should be fully informed and take sufficient time to consider their decisions before signing time-share contracts, ideally after consulting an independent attorney. Mexican law allows time-share purchasers five days to cancel the contract for unconditional and full reimbursement. U.S. citizens should never sign a contract that includes clauses penalizing the buyer who cancels within five days.

When you stay at a Park Royal resort, or other Mexican resort affiliated with Royal Holiday you will be solicited to attend presentations to by vacation packages. Research the club first on the internet, by putting in subjects like Royal Holiday complaints, etc. Check the Southeast Florida Better Business B. for complaints, and others. You will know why the U.S. State Department warns against them.

Park RoyalRoyal Holiday vacation scams

If you are on your way to a vacation in a Park Royal resort, like the one in Cozumel, or any resort that is part of the Royal Holiday web site, BEWARE. Be prepared to be offered many things, and many intellegent people have fallen for this scam. Research Royal Holiday before you go, then you will know why you should NEVER attend one of their presentations. Put in Royal Holiday complaints, Royal Holiday fraud, or Royal Holiday scams into a search engine like Google or Yahoo. You will see that they give you everything you could want, because when you get home they deliver nothing. You signed a contract in a foreign country. You have to fight to get your money back. We are trying to warn everyone we can before they go, so this will stop. Please, a prepared mind is your best defense against these seasoned and trained con artists. They have the psychology of sales down to a science. They offer you huge discounts to put the whole amount on a credit card today. We are talking about amounts that range between $12,000.00 and $28,000.00, along with a contract that requires annual dues that can go up. This is not deal, it is their steal, they are stealing money from vacationers. It is just awful. These people are being put through hell. We don't want you to have to go through what we are.

• Nj
          NJDON May 30, 2008

We just went thru this presentation last week. We didn't sign anything and did get our 2 bottles of liquor and a mexican blanket. I'm not holding my breath on getting the 3 day free vacation - too many stipulations and the voucher is all in Spanish, but from my limitted knowledge of Spanish it doesn't look promissing. Plus they want $99 up front - I'm sure we can kisss that goodby. Anyway, sound good at first but I would be very leary. I loved the look on the Reps face when he told me how much I would save over 30 years and I told him I would be long gone before then-at my age I will never see another 30 years.

Park RoyalYour luck depends on your action!

I am getting e-mails from many who have signed contracts for vacation packages while at Park Royal Resorts in Mexico and other places. Park Royal vacation destinations are generally good, but they will try to get you to go to presentations. SAY NO!! People who attend are offered deals too good to be true, and unfortunately after signing and getting home find out what a scam it was. Here are some of the answers I have given:

There are no "class action suits" in Mexico. The best recourse is to research the Internet, make copies of other testimonies with similar experience. Fie with PROFECO, the Mexican agency assigned to these problems. The sooner the greater the chance for them to do something. Also, if your contract did not have the notification of the Mexican law five day cancellation period send a copy of that law (you can find information about this on the Internet) with your contract to your credit card company. Use the other peoples testimonies as support to demonstrate a pattern of misrepresentation, and fraud with your own documentation to support your situation. Join the support group through Yahoo groups about Royal Holiday to keep informed of other members' results. There are many positive outcomes, where people get the money back. The important thing is as soon as you are aware you are in this mess act. If you act fast the credit card company does help. If you don't PROFECO had helped many, but that takes close to a year. If you wait for over a year, because you kept trying to use this, and it took you longer to find out this is a scam (not your fault) PROFECO might not take the case. Then you have to demonstrate that Royal Holiday did not provide the services and still push your credit card.

Remember, you are not alone. Don't give up hope, use the help and advice from others who have been successful to beat the scam to strengthen your resolve to fight for yourself.

Your luck depends on your action.

Sandra Treat Apr 28, 2007

The pressure these scammers put on people who attend the presentations have been well planned. If you visit Royal Holiday's web site you can see this is a large company. They have studied sales techniques, the psychology of consumers, and are well prepared. On the other hand, the vacationer is in an unfamiliar foreign place. They are often celebrating something, very off guard. They are shown packages with inflated prices, given deals, and offered special incentives only available if they sign today. If they put the full amount on a credit card they are offered even greater discounts. But, you have to agree then and there. You are told it is a one time offer. When ever you are told this it is a lie. What do you think the people who come in "tomorrow" or next week will be offered.

The important thing is DO NOT agree to attend ANY presentations by vacation sales organizations while on vacation. I have never met or personally corresponded with anyone happy with these agreements. They have employees posing as happy customers, and will have their employees post lies about happiness with the company, but this is part of the scam. If you know anyone who is planning a vacation warn them to only do what they went there for in the first place, relax and have fun. Do not make any decision committing to spending large amounts of money while on vacation. These packages cost an average of $23,000.00 with annual dues of an average of $750.00 and the contracts are usually for thirty years. You are spending all this before you ever make one reservation, which you will not get. The resorts already have your money so they will give priority to new cash paying customers, not you. These new cash payers are also potential timeshare, or vacation package purchasers. That is why you read all kinds of stories about members of these clubs not ever getting the vacations they request. Royal Holiday already has their money. They want fresh "meat".

Again, just say no.

• He
            Helene LaCourture May 05, 2007

I wish I had read this before I went there. They offered me a bunch of free diving and things if I went to the presentation. I did think it was too good to be true when they showed me everything they would give me, but now I have come home, I am told the dates and resort I want is not available. I can never get a vacation. Now when I see all the people telling what they have had happen, no vacation, but they take more and more money I am worried. I gave them $10,000.00 down on my credit card and before I could activate my account had to pay $545.00 annual dues, and then I can't get my reservation. Now I have to do a lot of work. I have to write a lot of complaints, file papers, documents, and take a year to see if I will get my money back. Do not buy a contract in a foreign country, even if it is in english, and they have a fancy web site and show they work with other huge companies. It is part of the con game. If you go to a Park Royal resort, enjoy it, it is beautiful, or at least the one in Cozumel is. But stay away from the Royal Holiday people. I think they will have to change their name, so stay away from any presentations for vacation packages.

Jonathan Rodrigo Diaz Gonzalez Jun 29, 2007

Various travel agents like BookIt.com get paid to sell discounted travel packages to Park Royal, and other Royal Holiday locations so they have the people to scam. The United States State Department warns against purchasing these timeshare/vacation packages. Please, know what you are getting into when you go to these places. You are a target for a scam. They are the hunters, you are the hunted.