Gloria Holmgren Complaints & Reviews

Gloria HolmgrenFraud

I am not going to waste any more energy on this scammer after this. She is not a good person. She is a liar, a scam, and fraud. She receives all of the emails I send because I have confirmations sent back to me. She knowingly steals money from people by offering and promising "rebates" on trips and NEVER returns phone calls or shoots straight.

Do some research...this isn't isolated...this is a standard business practice...her husband must know. They should be super proud of the way they look in the mirror. Shame...she had the trust of so many and blew it.

Bottom line...Gloria and her "business associates" (marriages are contracts) have to look in the mirror every morning and see the lies and evil. We don't.

Do your research...when traveling book it yourself. All these resorts deal directly.

1 Response
    • Te
      teresa mcinvaille Feb 21, 2011

She is just pathological liar and that's it. No more to be said.

Gloria HolmgrenFraud and scam

We booked a trip with Gloria Holmgren-Jump on Board Travel for our 10 year wedding anniversary. The trip was to New York at the beginning of Dec. We of course had to pay in full and wire the money which we did. We have yet to receive any statement or confirmation on our trip. We have tried to get a hold of her and demand a refund, but have not been successful. We now have a lawyers involved to try and get our money back. We have booked trips with her in the past that we are still waiting on rebates and refunds.

1 Response
      • Co
        Cori B. Mar 25, 2010

Did you guys ever get your money back? If so, would love to know how as we have the same issues with Gloria...

Gloria HolmgrenFraudulent Business Activities

In February I booked a trip to the Bahamas through Gloria Holmgren. The trip was scheduled for mid May and I never received written confirmation of the trip details, only a verbal promise that I would receive the travel documents as soon as she had them. She called me a week and a half before the trip to tell me that the resort was over-booked and that I had to change my dates or change resorts but would be granted a free trip to compensate for the inconvenience. I chose to reschedule for August and again requested written confirmation, yet only received verbal confirmation that the trip was booked. A month before the trip I began calling & emailing her regularly to get the trip details but she refused to respond to me. I checked with the resort: I had never been booked for the original trip in May and wasn't booked for the rescheduled trip in August either. She finally responded to an email I sent that mentioned I had spoken to the resort and said she'd have the confirmation to me in a matter of days. Weeks later I have nothing, the resort re-confirmed that she has not booked the trip and I'm less than 48 hours away from my supposed trip. She still will not return my phone calls or emails demanding a refund so I will be pursuing legal action.

6 Responses
        • Ke
          Ken in Charleston, SC May 06, 2010

I totally agree. Gloria was a friend of the family while in Charleston. She even threw my wife a baby shower when my wife was prego with our second. We attended her wedding to Bob prior to their moving to Del Rio, TX. In fact, I booked my honeymoon with Gloria in 1996 without problems.

My wife and I went to Jamaica the first time, booking it directly with Sandals and had a BLAST. Upon our return, we were contacted by Gloria Holmgren with a "great deal" to go to Sandals Jamaica and get a $2000 rebate 6 months after we returned. After sending the money...we received no confirmations and no written contract. Didn't think it was necessary for a "family friend and wedding guest" to get a contract.

Well...we did go on the trip. Returned safely and to date I have never heard a peep from the "hospital patient". That seems to be the standard answer for her and her family. Regardless...karma is a bear...she'll get hers. I have since washed my hands of this and her. Moral of the story...if it sound too good to be true...its Gloria scamming you! Hey chalk it up to all this socialized health care...we're all paying for Gloria's hospital stays and "treatments".

• Je
          Jeff Apr 09, 2009

She is a scam! We need to all go to the Dept of Justice against her and her husband Bob. Everything she says is a lie! Do not waste your time trying to contact her...she is evil!

• St
          Stephanie King Nov 29, 2008

My mother bought a ticket to the Azores from Gloria back in March with an open travel date. We've been trying to get in contact with her to set a travel date but can not reach her. I've been able to contact her husband who told us she had been in the hospital and would be calling as soon as she was released but still nothing. It's now been almost 2 months since she was 'supposed to be released from the hospital' and we're considering going to the BBB but if Del Rio Police are accepting complaints, I might go that way as well.

• Co
          Cori B. Nov 03, 2008

We also booked our honeymoon with Gloria Holmgren to St. Lucia and then we also bought our parents a trip to St Lucia as well. It was a total of 7700$ (3000$ for our parent's trip and 4700$ for our trip), because we bought 2 trips we were promised a rebate of 1500$ for our trip. We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon and were also told our "check was in the mail"- we have now been married for over a year and have not recieved our refund and our parents have been unable to book their trip as well. All of the numbers they gave us were disconnected and they will not respond to our emails. I am glad that I have been able to read all of these other complaints because now I am going to take legal action as well.

• Je
          Jessica Harral Aug 21, 2008

My Fiance and I booked our Honeymoon trip through Gloria and we have just realized that it was never booked. We payed in full in June to leave in September and just called the St. Lucia Sandals Regency and found out we have no reservation booked. All the numbers I have for Gloria have been cancelled and no response from e-mail. Her travel agency name for our booking was A Time to Remember. We will also call the Del Rio Police Dept. to file a complaint.

• Ad
          Adriane Baan Aug 19, 2008

My husband and I also bought a trip from Gloria Holmgren and Jump On Board Travel back in April 2007. We paid a total of $3750 including an extension fee in order to travel to St. Lucia in March 2009. (We were told that we were charged more because our package included the option of traveling to St. Lucia or Antigua and that was the only package available). Our contract, which we received months after wiring bank payments instantly per Gloria's request, also includes a $700 cash refund and $200 future travel voucher upon returning from the trip. We were told via e-mail that we were confirmed for travel to St.Lucia in 2009, but that our hotel accommodations would not be revealed until 2 weeks prior to our departure. Upon inquiring via e-mail, no specific travel dates were ever provided to us either, just assurance that we were "confirmed" for travel in 2009. I contacted a Sandals representative as well and there is no record of our booking anywhere in their database either. We have requested a full refund, but no action or even communication has been initiated by Gloria or Jump On Board Travel. The Del Rio Police dept. is accepting statements if you have had a similar experience...