Villa del Palmar / Timeshare Scam

United States Review updated:

While on vacation in Mexico. I was invited a timeshare presentation at Villa del Palmar. I signed the contract in April of 2016. I was initially not interested. However, their salesmantold me that if I doesn't use my week, then the company would rent out my timeshare week. That same night after thinking about it I decided not to keep the timeshare and the next morning I attempted to cancel the contractbut they told me that it was not possible to cancel it.
At first I doubtedIf I should keep the membership but after researching the Internet, I discovered that same false promises weremade to others. So I was 100 % sure that I should cancel it. I then found Mexican Timeshare Solutions on the internet and I was impressed by the fact that they didn’t want any money up front but only when they had accomplished cancelling your contract.I even believed that there was a hidden trick but I still tried it.
Since I was within 5 days rescission period MTS was able to help me cancel the contract and get the entire deposit refunded.I am very happy with the results and after a nightmare I can finally rest.

Jo
Jul 12, 2016

Comments

• Jd
      Dec 11, 2016

I urge anyone who sees this that has been scammed by a timeshare, no matter how long ago, to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and their local Attorney Generals Office. If we can get a flood of complaints filed, the government will have to look into the deceit, lies and fraudulent practices that timeshare companies like Villa Del Palmar and Resortcom use to lure in and defraud people. It only takes a few minutes each. I have read thousands of online complaints, all saying pretty much the same thing. If we all take action someone will take notice!