[Resolved] Viking Ocean Cruises / recruiting process

Los Angeles, CA, US Review updated:

Good day,

Hereby please see described my bad experience with Senior manager recruiting from Viking Ocean cruises. On 06.06.2017 I received an email being asked to do necessary to continue my application for HR shipboard manager position.
I received very clear instructions and guideline about all documents which I need for further steps. I sent them and due one missing document the application was on hold until 09.12.2017. The reply was :"Thank you for your e-mail and provided document. Well received.
I have taken note of your date in October and looking forward to re-connect upon your return home to continue with a skype interview." Due missing follow up I inquired about the application, receiving another requirement never mentioned before:"Thank you for your reply. Are you able to present your new employment offer."
I do understand any company can set their own set of criteria for their recruitment, but excessive personal data gathering made me suspicious about a tentative of fraud or lack of professional approach. In each case your brand may suffer. Kindly please investigate and hope you will come back as well to me.
With consideration,
Martin Alexandru Rusneac

• Resolution statement

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, Nov 28, 2017

Dear Martin,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience with the application process, and to discuss this matter further, we invite you to reach out to us at [protected]@vikingcruises.com. We hope to hear from you through that outlet, Martin, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind regards,
    Viking Cruises

• Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, May 24, 2018

Hello, Subedi. Due to the fact that we get a high number of applicants and perform interviews with multiple candidates, you may not hear back right away, and we will contact you if we move forward with your application. Thank you for your patience and understanding, Subedi, and have a wonderful day.

Ma
Nov 28, 2017

Comments

• Su
      May 24, 2018

How long will it take to get embarktion date after completing final interview as i didnt get any information from viking as my final interview already finished on April 14 2018 ?