Vijay Sales - LG 1 Ton Air Conditioner / Poor quality of installation and service!

1 India Review updated:

I have bought LG 1 Ton Window AC LWA12F1DT1 chasis no. 1664 from M/s Vijay Sales, Ghodbunder Road branch on 12th April 2007 against down payment with a commitment that the same will be installed by Saturday 14th April 2007as the Window for the required size was ready.

M/s Vijay Sales did not depute the person for installation till the time we chased with them to send the technician. The technician did come and fixed the AC but left without checking whether the equipment is working properly.

We could reach Vijay Sales till yesterday 17th April when we logged complaint on their CARE no. [protected]. The telephone numbers at Thane Ghodbunder Road are either ringing or engage. We were promised that the technician will attend the complain on 17th April itself by 4 PM. As expected no engineer turned up to attend to our complaint and when we followed with Vijay Sales care number we were promised that the technician will attend latest by 8:30 PM. I had followed at 8:00 PM also with Vijay Sales care number with a promise that engineer will attend my complaint any moment. Since yesterday 8:00 PM I am unable to reach to M/s Vijay Sales Care number also.

It was just a promise which M/s Vijay Sales again which they could not fulfill. As I did not get any response from Vijay Sales for proper installation I had called up on 24 X 7 LG Call center no. 1860- 180 – 9999 for logging the complaint. To my surprise the call center regretted that they can not take the complaint and I will have to call up next day morning after 9:30 AM 022 – [protected].

I am repenting from buying the LG product and also from buying the same from M/s Vijay sales as I have not seen good service. The other outlets at Thane M/s Kohinoor / Jain traders were able to give at lesser price but were unable to deliver the same by Saturday. I paid extra premium as I required the AC to be installed at my residence latest by Saturday 14th April We required the AC urgently to be installed as my father-in-law who got operated on Saturday 14th April and came to our place for stay.

I will like to share my past experience with other better dealer in Thane and other product. I had purchased Samsung AC last year from other dealer. The dealer gave us very good service. They committed the installation on a particular day and completed the same. The technician left my residence after he checked the equipment thoroughly after installation and ensured that I was fully satisfied. There was a follow up call from Kohinoor to check the equipment performance which followed by an engineer call from Samsung to know whether we need demo / training on any of the features on the product.

As against my latest experience, the Vijay Sales technician just vanished without been bother to check. Only promise he left my residence that LG engineer will visit us to give the training. Since Saturday 14th April neither there is a call from LG nor from Vijay Sales.

I am really repenting on selecting the LG product and that to also from M/s Vijay Sales. M/s Vijay Sales is only good chain of outlets which is not demonstrating any customer service focus. Today it is more than 5 Days that I have made the payment for my product and I am not able to use the same.

After much follow-up and writing the letter to LG the LG authorized service center engineer visited my residence and corrected the problem. The problem quoted by him was that the engineer who had come for installation did not connect the wire inside the AC as well he had not done the installation properly.

Is this the king of service rendered by Vijay Sales at extra premium? Why LG is misleading by printing the call center numbers for service on the user manual and the equipment who do not accept the complaints 24 X 7? Can we file a case against LG MRTP / Consumer protection act for misleading the consumers?

I want to share this with all so that everyone is takes extra precaution while dealing with Vijay Sales, Ghodbunder Road, Thane branch.

Regards.

Comments

• Dh
      13th of Jun, 2007

I really should have read this complaint before buying LG 1 ton AC from Vijay sales, Ghod bunder branch. Repenting now more. First, they delivered showroom piece and upon complaining, they said, it can not be so as we normally ask people before if they are ready for Showroom piece or not. The AC i got was full of dirt inside and now when i start it, it makes hell of noise and vibrations. We got it checked whether in proper fitting has any effect on this. But even after having put few more wooden fitting, it is the same old story. And now when i went their to complain about it, they told me that they will ask LG person to have it inspected and then they will decide about it. False promises and illogical talks from Mr Bhattacharya.

Having said so, i did get good experience from Vijay sales, Prabhadevi branch from where i bought 2 Television sets.

• Vi
      9th of Apr, 2008

Vijay sales is pathetic

30th of Oct, 2008

I bought a 1.5 tonne split form Vijay Sales Godbundar Rd. The unit has been delivered promptly but no-one has come to instal the unit and am waiting since 2 days...(I bought the LG unit since it had the bait of " free installation worth Rs. 1.5 k")

All in all "Vijay Sales sucks".

• Vi
      21st of Jan, 2009

I brought juicer mixer grinder from Vjay sales, Ghodbunder road Thane on sunday.
    i enquired about the guarantee card .They said its in the Box.
    I went home and next day on monday purchased an iron from the same place.
    I opened the box on tuesday and found no guarantee card nor the manual.
    One of the lids for the mixer doesnt fit.

I called the sales person he said he forgot to put the card.I said its ok.
    i asked him that i had come next day and purchased iron and u could have given me the card.
    He said Mein Bhool Gaya(He forgot!!!).

i told him you people had taken my no. U should have called me and informed me . its been three days. He didnt have any answer to this.
    finally i said its ok. Please deliver me the cards. They said i have to come and collect.

This is when i lost the control. I told him that u have done the mistake its ok but atlease u should take the responsibility.
    He said he will deliver next day. I didnt receive it the next day. i called again they said they will call back. Still waiting for the call...

My frnd had warned me to not to purchase anyything from vijay sales. i should have listened.

i searched on google and there are tons of complaints against vijay sales.

Is there a way to register a complaint against them?

PLEASE DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM VIJAY SALES.

to be cont...

• Yo
      4th of Apr, 2011

thanx to all who put there experiences on this portal...i was suppose to go to buy ac from vijay sales ..ghodbunder road...if this kind of service is provided by this dealer then better not to go to vijay sales...

• Sh
      5th of Apr, 2011

i agree as we purchased a microwave from there and later on the engineer who came for training was way to rude ... and not at all supportive..