Verizon Wireless / contract expiration
I have been a Verizon customer since they purchased AllTel and an AllTel customer for many years before that. My husband and I find that we never use our minutes of our plan or come close to it. We received numerous phone calls from Verizon telling us that we were eligible for new phones AND that our contract was up, please stop in the local store and buy your new phones and let’s get you under contract again! I stopped in the store and the Verizon rep looked up my account and we had a long discussion about minutes that are not used and their own pre-paid plan AND his comment was that our contract was up so if we chose to go to another provider that I could find a better deal at this would not be a problem. We switched to Net 10 (which by the way is OWNED by Verizon!!) Today I called Verizon to get my final bill AND was told our contract was told that our contract is not up for another four months and for cancelling we would be charged FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS for breaking our contract. After speaking to a supervisor she also told me too bad if the rep in the store made a mistake and the phone calls were misleading, your contract is not up for 4 more months and there is nothing we will do about it! She then told me that it CLEARLY shows our contract expiration date when I go on line to pay the Verizon bill. I have since searched the entire site AND my paper statements and NO WHERE does it ‘clearly show a contract expiration date’!! We will now be held hostage by Verizon and have to disconnect the pre-paid phones that now have our original Verizon cell numbers and have them ported back to Verizon and keep that HORRIBLE service for four more months. I believe that all companies of this nature who have dumb representatives that tell the customers anything they please even if it is the wrong information, they are NOT held accountable, should have to clearly show the contract expiration date on not only the paper statement that they send but also on the web site where you manage your account!
I can tell you all this; I will bad mouth Verizon to everyone and anyone that will listen AND will never, ever use their service again once our contract is up!
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fios
- Verizon Communications - no tech support for one week on company phone lines
- Verizon Communications - customer service 
- Verizon Communications - customer service representative lack of professionalism
- Verizon Communications - phone and internet