Verizon Wireless — stole my money and hung up on me
In august of 2014 I called verizon to cancel my mobile phone - I lost my job and could no longer afford the bill. Instead, I was told, I could suspend my service for up to six months as to not pay a cancelation fee. I opted for the suspension, knowing I would be back on my feet by then and thought it was covered.
I now have a letter from collections saying I owe $473.13.
When I called verizon for some information about the bill I was told by the representative that she knows for a fact that verizon only issues 90 day suspensions (Calling me a lier).See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Coalinga, CA And nothing could be done even though for years I had been a loyal verizon customer and was planning on reactivating my phone.
I reexplained my situation and expressed my astonishment at the fact that apparently 6 month extensions did not exist. I felt as if my questions were not answered and I was desperate to figure out what happened, I asked to speak with a manager.
I was kept on hold for 15 min before the line disconnected.
I expected more form a company I was loyal to for years. Shame on your professionalism, and shame on your customer service skills.
I'll go to at&t.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc 
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints