Verizon Wirelessstole my money and hung up on me

In august of 2014 I called verizon to cancel my mobile phone - I lost my job and could no longer afford the bill. Instead, I was told, I could suspend my service for up to six months as to not pay a cancelation fee. I opted for the suspension, knowing I would be back on my feet by then and thought it was covered.

I now have a letter from collections saying I owe $473.13.

When I called verizon for some information about the bill I was told by the representative that she knows for a fact that verizon only issues 90 day suspensions (Calling me a lier).See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Coalinga, CA And nothing could be done even though for years I had been a loyal verizon customer and was planning on reactivating my phone.

I reexplained my situation and expressed my astonishment at the fact that apparently 6 month extensions did not exist. I felt as if my questions were not answered and I was desperate to figure out what happened, I asked to speak with a manager.

I was kept on hold for 15 min before the line disconnected.

I expected more form a company I was loyal to for years. Shame on your professionalism, and shame on your customer service skills.

I'll go to at&t.