Verizon / steals from disabled widow

PO Box 12045Trenton, NJ, United States

Verizon over charged me $70.98. My husband passed away in August of 2007. I paid all the bills in his name and closed out all his accounts. I found that verizon overcharged me and informed them. I have since called every month to try and retrieve my refund. in may of 2008 I finally received a check, however it was already ten months since he had passed and all his accounts were closed including his estate account . I was not able to cash the check they have been giving me the run around ever since and have basically told me its my problem . the fact that they made the mistake in the first place, and waited ten months to send the check is the reason Im out $70.98 in addition I have been lied to, passed from person to person, hung up on and promised return callls that never came.their attatude is oh well we messed up but theres nothing we can do about it. just cash the check we gave you. I explained that according to my bank its not leagle. also they should never have written the check to my husband since they already had a copy of his death certifacate. they told me and I quote. Just try to cash it. we cant help u.
Va