Verizon Fios / constant billing issues!

1 Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:

Had FIOS for almost a year now, had to call at least 4 times during this time for billing errors. First they didn't give me the advertised promotional gift card. They ended up giving me a credit for the amount of the gift card. Then they got my billing screwed up and charged me a wrong amount. I called and worked that out. The most recent outrage is this... I had my billing setup to auto debit from my checking account (not credit card billing). In April they neglected to bill me, so in May I received a bill for two months of service. Total bill was for $99.95. I called and was told that for some reason the bill was not debited from my account. The rep said he had "heard" that credit card billing was more reliable, and wanted me to switch my payment method. I reluctantly allow this and he told me I was all setup for my bill of $99.95 for the total current amount due to be billed. I checked my bank account and found they stole an additional $100 from me, by charging me $199.95. So here I am on hold for over an hour waiting to talk to a billing rep. Their phone system sucks, you easily get lost in the prompts, always get connected to the wrong dept, and usually have to talk to 3 people before you get to the right person. FIOS service is great, but customer support sucks! I am going to ask to switch to paper billing and do it all manually, I'd rather set this up with my online billpay at my bank and make sure I pay the right amount, than let them rob me and cause me to spend hours of my valuable time trying to get them to fix all this.

Comments

• Li
      23rd of May, 2008

I totally agree.. they went into my bank account using my debit card & charged a $70 bill..over 50 times in 3 min..!!!Two wks before christmas!!! then when I spoke to them they basically told me to kiss their ### to file a claim with my bank in order to get my money back!!!

• St
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I can't even pay my bill as their system is so messed up- all because I didn't want the bundle, just Fios TV/Internet. Been 5 months of hell trying to get my bill paid. Even their finance team has to call in the special forces to find my correct account number. After I report this to the BBB I'm going to see if they will just take the Fios stuff out of my house and call it even. Literally over 12 hours on phones with Verizon reps to clear up how I can pay! Paper bills say DO NOT PAY THIS BILL, YOU ARE ON AUTOPAY, the live reps say "You have no bill", Paper notices say "Shutoff notice", Live reps say "Don't worry"... its ridiculous... My wife makes the reps stay on the phone when she tries to pay by phone (even though we are on "autopay" which has never debited from our credit card in 5 months) and they have no answers when the system cannot find our account to pay... After going to 4 different Verizon stores in my area I finally found the one that accepts payments for FIOS, but they don't want to take the payment because they are unsure if it will go to my account or just dissapear... crazy...I even had them call customer service and they couldn't get a straight answer...Great speed on internet, but now comcast delivers over fios in my area... Hope they have better customer service than Verizon.com - oops, I mean Verizon.net, oops, they are different... frustrating...

• Sc
      15th of Jul, 2008

I'm on hold now for over an hour listening to 'Verizon Radio'. If I have to listen to the 'animal crackers in the printer' story again I think I may go postal. After having to call three times today and talked to several people. I agree, their menus suck. Yesterday I called twice and waited for a half hour before giving up. What, do they have only one billing rep? This is insane. I'm thinking of going without internet just to avoid having to deal with either Verizon or comcast. They all suck. They take your money really well. Providing service is another story. I've been a customer for over a year and suddenly my bill goes from $49 to $100 with a $36 credit. No explanation. Just raised the rate. Worst of all, their hours are limited so I have to call while I'm at work!

• Th
      26th of Aug, 2008

Wait until you disconnect their service! My final bill was higher than when I had their services.

They backcharge me for things that they said were free originally.

Verizon is another AT&T. When you call, one rep says one thing and billing department says and does something totally different.

You have been warned!

• Ro
      22nd of Sep, 2008

Wow! I can't believe how so many people have the same problem as I do. Everyone is right on target.
    My issue started when I had FIOS hooked up in Feb, 08. Every bill I received was a different amount.
    I never got one that I was told it would be. I never received the $100 credit for referring someone. I am sorry I did because they have had issues too. I was lied to many times when I was told I would get the credit on my next bill. As you see I am using the wordwasbecause I FINALLY DROPPED THEM on July 17/08. I was told due to the many problems I had I would not be charged the termination fee. That was another lie. I am being billed for that now. I was told not to pay my present bill three times that my next bill would be pro-rated, my credit would be on that bill and no termination fee would be applied. More lies. I have called three times to a Solution Rep to no avail. I had a Personal Account Manager assigned to me and she could not understand why I was billed different amounts. The last time I called I asked to speak to a manager and was told it would be 30 to 45 mins. before he would come to the phone. I told the rep I would not wait that long and ask him to have the manager call me. Get this! I was told "the managers do not do return calls". How stupid is that. No wonder people are upset. The manager I'm sure doesn't know the answers either. How can a company be so out of touch. The last thing I old the rep was that I have had enough of the lies and told him I was contacting channel 8 'on your side' and I did but have not had a response yet. My thought now is to contact the state maybe we should all do that.
    What are your thoughts?

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2008

I am having many problems with Verizon FIOS. It has now gotten to the point that it's time for war. Enough is enough and these people are outright criminals. Their practices are deliberate and they are designed to rip off the customer. Their employees and past employees know of these practices. I am looking for anyone to join me in a class action suit against these criminals. Particularly past and present CRS employees. Anyone wishing to be part of it should contact me at my email address nmi327@cs.com. Someone has to stop these bandits. If you don't step up and participate you are just encouraging them to continue. There are thousands of us.

• Dr
      2nd of Jan, 2010

I ordered Fios in July 2009 and it has been nothing but a headache. Verizon has billed me for all three separated services and I have called and complained and just got hostile customer service workers. I am still trying to get credit for these issues. I think we need get together and stand against these companies.

9th of Nov, 2010

My issue started when I had FIOS hooked up in Aug 2010 Every bill I received was a different amount.they are not giving me me what I sign up for and now they are charging for extra boxes that were included in the bungle.what a ripe off. HOW DO YOU GET OUT???????

• Ro
      8th of Feb, 2011

Over all Verizon Billing sucks. I had pretty bad experience with their billing. This is my month three on doble play (TV+Fios Internet). My plan was $69 and got $125 first month bill, $115 second month bill. I already called customer service 7-8 times in two months. Every time they promise me a bill of $69 + taxes, around $80. If I don't see my third bill around this amount, I am going back to cable. Shame on them, such a big company with screwed up billing.

• Ne
      25th of Feb, 2011

Had Verizon Fios bundle for 6 months and had to call every month to have my bill adjusted to the correct amount (which I paid). My last bill came with a note that I owe $170.00 on top of my usual $119.89 and that my service is scheduled to be shut off.

• Pr
      28th of Feb, 2011

I strongly agree. These people are outright criminals. Their practices are deliberate and they are designed to rip off the customer. I have had numerous billing and service issues for which my husband and I have spent hundreds of hours with Verizon. We have been overcharges by hundreds of dollars and made to pay each month or face disconnection in service. After spending numerous agonizing hours on hold and transfered to wrong departments time and again, nothing has been resolved. Their incompetent representatives have hostile attitude towards their customers and are unwilling to help. I agree with the gentleman who wants to escalate this to class action law suit. COUNT ME IN. Corporation like this should be dealt with collective force.