Verizon Fios, Phone / suppoort
I had Verizon DSL for several years and had no problems. It seemed more than adequate for us. But after too many calls stating how wonderful FIOS is I relented. That's when the trouble began. Aside from having numerous techs show up to install the optic fiber that had already been installed last November, the FIOS bill was attached to the wrong phone line in our 2 Verizon line house. The FIOS (data) was supposed to be installed to replace the DSL on my account, but the DSL was never turned off (DSL router gone the day the FIOS router was installed) and the FIOS was put on the other phone. I was charged for having DSL for several months after it was physically removed. They take the money out of my bank acct and I did not check the bills - my fault. I did get a refund. But the FIOS bill was showing up on the other persons phone bill in error.
We have tried to get it sorted out since November, to no avail. After countless hours on the phone with maybe 25-30 people I finally gave up a few months ago. My time is worth more than listening to awful muzak. But it got the best of me. I hated writing company checks to the other person to pay for the FIOS. I really messed up when I called last Thursday night to try again. What a mess that made. Everyone seems to understand we merely want the FIOS bill switched to my account from the other one, but nobody has a clue how to do it.
The person Thursday night said they would have to turn off the internet for up to 23 hours (for the 3rd time) in order to make the billing change. So, they turned off our internet AND one of the phones for the entire weekend.The phone issue was resolved Monday afternoon. The internet/email came on late Monday but the password was changed meaning yet another call of an hour while someone tried to have me re-register our Verizon accounts. I was certain that would mess stuff up even worse! Thankfully a tech actually called me while I was on hold with the other phone and said he could resolve the email issue in a few minutes. He did, and said he could fix the billing problem tomorrow! We'll see!
If I had a choice I would have dumped Verizon 6 months ago for all the aggravation. I have no idea how many actual hours I spent on the phone but I am not exaggerating when I say it is at least 30.
More Verizon Fios, Phone Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee 
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem 
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service! 
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems! 
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year 
- Verizon Communications - customer service verizon 
- Verizon Communications - call center employee 
- Verizon Wireless - customer service
- Verizon Communications - verizon wireless duplicate/stolen payment 
- Verizon Communications - bill increase without notification & lying customer representatives