Verizon DSL / refused to honor promotion!

PA, United States Review updated:

On Feb. 19, 2008 we responded to a promotion from Verizon, which was a promotion for their DSL high-speed Internet service. The promotion offered three main things: First month free, free modem and free $20 Target gift card. We responded to the ad, went through the on-line sign-up process, and all seemed normal. When the first bill came, Verizon did NOT give us the first month free, they CHARGED us for the modem, and said we would receive NO gift card. When I asked why they were not honoring their promotion, (which I still have a copy of), they said I would have to PROVE that I responded to that promotion. How does one PROVE an online transaction? I still have the "screen shots" of their screens each step of the way through the signup process. I was on the phone for more than 2 hours, talking to a dozen different people. They simply refused to honor the promotion.

Since the initial complaint, we have received calls from representatives of Verizon, both on April 2 and again on April 8. On both occasions, we were told by the representative that the matter would be resolved within 48 hours and that they would call us back to let us know. Both times we received no follow-up call.

During the April 8 phone call, the representative asked us if we would accept the free modem only to settle the matter. I stated to her again, as I have multiple times to multiple representatives from Verizon, that we want the entire promotional offer - as stated - that was STILL BEING OFFERED as of March 31 on their web site, at www.verizon.com/bestoffer.

Again, we have copies of the original promotion, copies of every screen during the on-line sign-up process that verified the offer, and a copy of the promotion as of March 31 that was still being offered despite their claims that it was not.
Je

Comments

Ma
  8th of May, 2008
I am also having issues with Verizon DSL. We signed up for a promotion on 3/12/08 and were supposed to get a free modem/router. When we checked our first bill, we were charged about 16.99 for it on top of our regular fee of 43.99. We also noticed that they added these other extras to our bill totaling an additional 15.00, which is something we never requested. I called to cancel these "extras" and the representative said not to worry, he will cancel. Well a month later I checked my bill and guess what, they are STILL charging me for it so it was never removed. Everytime I call their customer service number, I get transferred around at least three times and all they say is "they apologize". This is just a FEW of problems I've encountered with Verizon among many. I'm still trying to resolve these issues.
Je
  18th of Jun, 2008
A group of us snowbirds were promised free internet and phone service while we were in our "up north" homes. We did get the free phone but were charged 8.95 per month for internet in Florida. We all received notice stating both services were free. After 3 plus hours of speaking with a rep three of those calls disconnected by them as they were transferring us to a supervisor!! I finally got a supervisor who stated he could do nothing until we faxed copies of the letter with the offer. l week later still no answer even though we gave him our home phone number and verizon e-mail His name is Thomas Mooney and he said he was in Virginia, but would not give us his address. Coward!!! Still fighting.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications