Vector Security / Unethical Practice

Vector Security
I am being railroaded by this company. I had ordered one of those security monitors for my 86 year old mother. I got her this as a Xmas present. I was told I could cancel it at anytime, if she decided she didnt want it. After about 3 or 4 months, my mother didn't want it any longer, and my sister moved in with her to care for my mother. Well...I was told I would have to pay the whole contract, and that I signed the documents agreeing to this. I did not sign anything, what happened was when they came over my mothers house to install the equipment, they told my mother to sign several papers, which she did, not knowing what the heck she was signing, figuring they needed her signature because they had put in the monitor...So...with that said, I AM NOT PAYING THEM ONE DAMN DIME. I THINK IT'S HORRIBLE THAT THEY WANT TO MAKE AN 89 YEAR OLD WOMAN, WHO DOESN'T REMEMBER FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT, TO PAY THAT BILL! Do not pay them anything...they can not FORCE you to pay, they're just intimidating you...don't fall for it. I too couldn't believe what I was hearing when I was told I was bound to a contract by them...knowing I didn't sign anything. What really got to me was that I was a client of there's since 1994 for both my home and my business. And, I asked the woman I spoke to at Vector several different times if I was bound to any length of time with them, and I explained that my mother may not want this at all...So...IF YOU'RE READING THIS POST, DO NOT EVER USE VECTOR SECURITY, LEARN A LESSON FROM ME...

A  13th of Jul, 2009 by
July 13, 2009. It's a scam do not sign up for a Vector security system. You will get burned. This is the same exact story taking place with my mom, who is 87 years old and has short term memory. Vector Security has taken an advantage of my mother. And will continue to scam other innocent consumers until the states need to intervene. We are all upset over it. She has supposedly signed a contract for $50/mo. for 5 years. We will be filing a complaint to all consumer business bureaus. Beside not paying the monthly fee does anyone have any other solutions or hints? She will not be able to pay these services. Vector Security has no ethics. Upset and mad Maryland consumer.