Van Ru Credit Corp / Unauthorized charges

Van Ru called my place of employment, threatened to garnish my wages. they informed me that I could avoid garnishment by giving them access to my bank account for a monthly amount of $85.00. After 6mo. or so I became suspicious after never receiving a statement & closed the account. Anyone who can assist me in legal action against them please contact me.

Ke

Comments

15th of May, 2009

As a former employee of Van Ru, let me tell you that as a borrower in default you do not receive statements. It is a courtesy to send any type of billing statement out, however you should have received a letter 7-10 days prior to the check being printed to notify you of he amount being withdrawn. I am assuming you were probably on a rehabilitation program and stopping payments 2/3 of the way to completion was not a smart choice. Once you have completed the program you would have moved to a new lender who would then begin sending you monthly statements. My suggestion is to contact whatever agency you are now with and work out an arrangement to be placed on the rehabilitation program.

31st of Jul, 2009

For anyone who has been threatened by this company that they're wages are going to be garnished, this is illegal. I personally did some research and found out you send them a certified, return receipt notice asking them not to call you at home or work. Each state has their own laws regarding this, but most are similar. You can contact your local consumer's affairs office to get more detailed info. about your rights. If they keep calling you after you send them a written notice not to, you can take them to court.