Valvoline / Wrong Oil Plug

1 MD, United States Review updated:

I have been having my oil changes with Valvoline since 2007. Everything was going good till they replaced a oil plug in August.
They stripped it and then tried not to take liability for it. Because it wasnt on the receipt I was told by them more or less it wouldn't stand up in court. I had to take it to the dealer who had to replace the whole oil pan at 687.00!!! Valvoline doesn't want to take any responsibilty for anything. I will never ever take my car back their again. Plus I get a oil change and tire rotation for under 30.00 and Valvoline charged me almost 50.00. Whatever you do be careful when you take your car their. They just rip you off and then take no blame for it. At least the dealership was willing to work with me. My car goes no where else but the dealership from now on.
Valvoline is incompetant and most of their service techs do not even work their for very long. The one that changed my oil plug
which they deny. He is no longer at the B&A service shop...BE CAREFUL whatever you do...

Ta

Comments

• Ta
      29th of Dec, 2010

Well the oil pan itself was only like 87.00 it is 100.00 labor and they said they had to drop the frame? which to replace
    the oil pan that is the time it took. They tried to do the oversize plug but that didnt work. It was stripped out bad according to the
    dealership. All I know is I think I would have better chances going to school and becoming a mechanic myself before
    letting anyone touch my car again. I just know Valvoline will never touch it!

• Ta
      29th of Dec, 2010

I'm not saying the dealership ripped me off cause they could have. It just aggrivates me that this place
    of buisness isn't taking any blame for anything. I'm serching around for a decent shop so I can start
    getting good service without being ripped off.

• Ro
      5th of Jul, 2011
    Valvoline - Change your own oil before going
    Valvoline

They extracted the old oil, but didn't fill with new oil.

Hence, $3, 000 and a new engine later, we've been to court and are scheduled for another hearing as Valvoline is appealing court order to give us $3, 000!!!

I have the St. Louis Blues

• Dc
      6th of Jul, 2011

Sounds like their own fault, madC? Really? They PAID for an oil change. It's the responsibility of Valvoline to refill the oil...that is the POINT of an OIL CHANGE.