Valvoline Instant Oil Change / Stay away

I had my tires rotated at Valvoline Instant Oil change store # 020007 on my Hyundai Santa Fe on 5/01/2010. The front of the car began to shake after I drove to Waldorf, Md on 5/9/2010. I had the car towed to a Peps Boy Auto shop, where the front passenger tire fell off the car and damaged the fender and bumper. Peps Boys found loose lug nuts on all the tires, three of the lug nuts on the front passenger tire had come off and the last two studs snapped off. Pep Boys replaced the studs and mounted the spare tire.

Valvoline now says the wheel falling off is not their fault and will not pay for the repairs to my car.

Comments

• Ha
      17th of May, 2012

I had an oil change and inspection. They stripped a lug nut and when they pulled the parking brake lever up it stuck. Since they didn't know how to fix it I had to drive a half mile to a service station with the parking brake on. They unstuck it for free in about 5 minutes. The Valvoline tech said he couldn't pass it because the lug nut was missing (that he stripped). I put a lock washer on it and re-threaded it. he said bring it back when you get the lug nut on. I did so, and the first thing the guy did was pull the parking brake lever up, thus refreezing the back brakes. I made them fix it this time and told them they had better learn how to un-stick the parking brake when it freezes, so that other motorists will not have to have their cars towed. I told them that I would be lodging a complaint, for all the good it will do.