Vacation Hub International (VHI) / misleading information

1 South Africa Review updated:

On 2017/10/12 I were invited to a presentation of VHI with the promise of a free holiday without any obligation or cost.
After everything about VHI was explained, Clement tried to convince me to become a member of VHI, with an opening amount of R5649.00 and a monthly payment of R802.00 for 12 months.
I told him several times I can't afford the opening amount or the monthly instalment, because I'm a pensioner. Then he asked I will accept the opening amount if it will go through as budget account on my credit card and a monthly instalment of R402.00 for 24 months (because I'm a pensioner).
I agreed to that. What I did not know, was that the budget application was declined by my credit card division and Clement had put the R5649.00 on my straight credit card.
By then the people for the next presentation were already waiting and Clement rushed me to sign the contract.
When I got home, I switch my phone on again and saw that the budget application was declined and the opening amount had gone through on my credit card.
Then I sit down to read the contract properly. To my shock the monthly amount was R805.00 and not R402.00 as promised and I can only cancel the contract after two years.
Now my financial situation is in dire straits and I don't know how I'm going to survive.
Hope you can give me any advice on how to proceed with this problem.
Thanks
Aletta Otto
Cell: [protected]

Al
Nov 1, 2017

Comments

• Ap
      19th of Jun, 2018

Go to the National Consumer Commission's website and submit a complaint. I did so and the are busy with an investigation. The more complaints the better. They give you feedback to you on the progress. We were also ripped off.

• Wa
      7th of Aug, 2018

Do not pay them any more money. There is nothing that they can do.

I am a former timeshare sales and marketing executive, and I am sharing with consumers what I had learned while working in the industry.

I have written a report, 13 Shocking Secrets The Timeshare Industry Does Now Want You To Know, that will explain why buying a program from a resort is the "worst" thing you can do for your family. It will also inform you that you can easily get out of it.

If you want a copy of this free report, just email me at my personal email.

W.C. Robinson