US Passport Agency / disabled daughter denied passport
My daughter received a passport at 16. It was a childrens passport so only good for 5 years. She is a U.S. citizen and is now 25. I went to the office to apply for her "adult" passport. She has Down Syndrome and is in the lower functioning level. She could not understand and respond appropriately to the oath but the lady was kind and told us to come back to discuss it. She made a couple phone calls and was told to let my daughter sign but have me sign underneath.
3 weeks later we get notice her passport was denied. It was denied because I signed it and do not have conservatoire of my daughter. I am her legal parent. If I had not signed it there would not have been a problem. I was told to sign it. I called and the woman was very rude. I told her conservatoire is about $3, 000 and was not affordable. At this point there isn't much I can do so am trying to find a way to take this to court. To top it off, they still have her birth certificate and tell me my passport fee is not refundable. Really!
More US Passport Agency Complaints & Reviews
- US Passport Agency - fake promises, no passport received! 
- US Passport Agency - passport expedited, still not received! 
- US Passport Agency - missed trip due to length of passport processing 
- US Passport Agency - tips when calling! 
- US Passport Agency - birth certificate not enough proof of us citizenship 
- U.S Passports & International Travel - a worthless system. to many people, all unqualified.
- U.S Passports & International Travel - renewal of passport
- US Passport Agency - non receipt of us passport even after lapse of whole 6 months 
- US Passport Agency - new passport 
- US Passport Agency - no passport