US Cellular / disconnect

1 WI, United States

This is the complaint that I just submitted to US Cellular: I am extremely upset with your company and do plan on changing carriers. We had a past due balance of $137. I called on Nov 9 and made a pmt of $110 over the phone with my debit card. I told the rep that all I had available that day was the $110. I also told her I was working out of town and would not be home until Sat Nov 13 and that I would pay the remaining $27 online that afternoon. I go to leave the hotel this morning and my truck wouldn't start. I try to call for help and guess what, my phone has been shut off. This was about 7:30 am. Again, I told the rep that the remaining $27 would be paid this afternoon. I called US Cell when I got home today and was told that my promise-to-pay had NOT been noted in the file and the only way our phones would be turned back on is to pay not only the $27 but also the current month bill. It definetly isn't my fault that you have nitwits working customer service that cannot note files correctly and I will not pay a $25 per line reconnect fee. I did tell the rep that today, so just in case he failed to note that you're aware of it. As soon as we can, we will be switching carriers. You disconnect 3 phone lines for a $27 balance. Unreal!!! You are the worst. I will also publish this on the US Cell complaint blog.