US Cellular / scam

My wife and I have been with us cellular since 2004. We have for six years always paid our monthly charges. As uscc added more features, national calling plans, easy edge, and other services. As the company grew, we upgraded services and price of monthly bills. After 6 yrs of customer loyalty in may of this year we, for the first time wanted better phones than the.01 freebies.in may the htc pro touch ii was on special and I was told out of stock and could not get a rain check to lock in that special price or pay for the then and wait till it come in from being out of stock. On both options I was told no. Then in november there was a smart phone sale and both me and my wife wanted to take advantage of the sale price and then again have to increase the monthly price to accommodate the smart phones. Again we was told no we are only 6 months through the 2 yr contract not eligible for discounted equipment but we could go ahead and change to a belief plan and receive 2600 points for 6 years and still not be able to upgrade till november of 2011. We have spoken to the relations dept and customer services which also informed us we have to pay the msrp on phone or wait till we can renew next year! Now on tv tonight us cellular is giving any phone free to new customers. Yet a customer for 6 yrs I was told sorry deal with it or disconnect services. After 6 yrs this is the only issue/complaint I have had with us cellular and they would rather lose me as a customer than to resolve my problem.

Mo

Comments

9th of Aug, 2011

If they were to let you in on a promotional price 18 months early, they would have to let _every_ customer do so. Financially speaking, that would force them to increase pricing on the phones to make up for lost revenue. The documents you sign (not necessarily the contract) states how long you have until eligability. It's no secret that 6 months in you can't change your mind. -- As far as a phone your friends won't laugh at, you need some differnt friends.