UPS Store 0538 / poor service & fraud
My girlfriend and I recently rented a mailbox from this UPS Store in Schenectady (Rotterdam), NY in order to receive mail and packages that requires a signature. We also felt it would be more secure than packages being left on our front porch. The location was also convenient since we pass by the location on the way home from work.
The published hours indicate that the store is open until 7pm at night; however, on numerous attempts to pickup packages between 6pm and 7pm, we've found that the store is closed. According to their neighboring stores in the strip mall, staff and manager frequently close "if they are slow". We've inquired about the store being closed, and there is always an excuse about "no coverage" or "sick employee", etc.
On top of this, my girlfriend recently had an UPS prepaid return (tag supplied by the recipient) and took the package to the store. The guy there charged her a $2 drop-off fee -- no doubt pocketing that money. We have also witnessed them charging other customers a fee for dropping off pre-paid items.
We've contacted UPS Store corporate Customer Service via email 3 times, and received no response. Finally, we called them and we're told that complaints are forwarded to the local franchise owner and they have no control over how things are handled in the individual stores.
THIS IS JUST A HORRIBLE HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS!
More UPS Store 0538 Complaints & Reviews
- The UPS Store - awful experience 
- UPS / The UPS Store / Mail Boxes, Etc. - I will never do business with ups, the ups store, or mail boxes etc again! 
- The UPS Store - fraud and scam 
- UPS Store - live scan fingerprinting
- The UPS Store - bad service 
- The UPS Store - guaranteed overnight mail 
- The UPS Store - owner
- The UPS Store - employees arguing with me
- UPS Store - non allowed debiting credit card / after full payment upfront and delivery, additional fees were debited without authorisation 
- The UPS Store - ups store employee