UPS / they simply don't care if they don't deliver it.

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

Item sent to my business address -- the sender put the wrong zip code on. Okay so I had to wait for delivery to FAIL before anyone could fix the situation (stupid).
Once it failed, I go ahold of UPS - gave them the correct shipping information - they verified their computers had the right data and that it would be delivered the next day.
Well ...
"we're sorry you had problems" -> went to seattle -> label wrong - back to redmond - "we're sorry you had problems" -> next day back on another truck - back to seattle - another ### can't read takes it in the building then back to the truck and back to redmond - "we're sorry you had problems" -> SPECIAL message up the line and a call "we're sorry you had problems" guarantee you'll have it tomorrow...
Too bad that doesn't fix the label the ### behind the wheel reads.
Not only did they haul it INTO my building 3 days in a row and then back across to the same service center they picked it up from (too stupid to check his / her little hand held computer I guess) .. when a MANAGER corrected the label -- THEY WERE TOO STUPID TO PUT MY NAME ON THE LABEL !!! And so, the box came back to my building .. the ### IN THE TRUCK is too stupid to go "oh hey, maybe this name on the other label is okay?".

FINALLY ... I make yet another call, get yet another call back and get a call from someone smart enough to TEXT MESSAGE the driver "hey, take that package to XYZ, floor X, Ste Y, Drop it off with Reception". GEEE SOMEONE COULD HAVE DONE THAT THREE DAYS AGO!!!

So PUSH ... PUSH HARD to be escalated to a supervisors desk for customer resolution. Someone who can TEXT THE DRIVER WHO HAS YOUR PACKAGE ...

Now we'll see if they can really deliver ...

While I go to work tracking package #2 -- Dear God, please if you have a SMITE left ... UPS really could use brown britches for a different reason than color.

Comments

7th of Aug, 2009

Well ... forget help. Abandon all hope. Managers can be told "I'm not going back again today" by drivers or something similar. At this point as the receiving party (not the one who put the wrong address on and NOT the UPS AGENT/MGR who put NO NAME ON) .. I'm being treated as the person who is in the wrong.
    It's up for "maybe monday" delivery. We'll see. I don't trust them to be able to wipe their own noses or neither regions at this point.

Customer Dis-Service is job security it seems.

This so smacks of deserving a class action lawsuit it's not funny.

DHL GETS ALL MY FUTURE BUSINESS. I have to let me dollars talk and NOT shipping anything via UPS is how I will address this. I recommend everyone use this same tact.
    SHIP DHL or another SHIPPING COMPANY.

• De
      13th of Aug, 2009

I'm so sorry to read about the frustrations you've had with UPS. This is certainly not the experience we want to deliver.

My name is Debbie Curtis-Magley and I work with UPS Public Relations.

I'd like to help get your concerns addressed. Please send your contact details and if available, the tracking number for the shipment to upsfeedback@ups.com.