[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club / cancellation of membership
My wife and I vacationed at Cancun, Mexico from April 1st to April 5th, 2015 . At April 4th we attended a presentation at Secret The Vine Resort in Cancun owned by Unlimited Vacation Club. We were told about a lot of benefits of becoming a member of Unlimited Vacation Club. We signed a contract of $21, 900 and paid $6740.74 on the spot. When we returned to the U.S and studied in detail the contract, we found it doesn't suit us. For example, the contract period is 25 years long, but my wife and I are almost 70 years. Under Mexican Law( the contract was signed in Mexico), these timeshare/vacation club contracts have a mandatory 5 day right to cancel the contract. So on April 7th, 2015 we sent a notice of cancellation to them. We also sent on the same day letters of cancellation to The Secret the Vine Resort in Cancun where we singed the contract and Profeco in Cancun, Mexico. All these letters were priority mail with tracking numbers. But we got no response. Later we called their office in Miami, Florida and asked them to cancel our membership. The asked us to send in the copies of Priority mail and letters of cancellation. On April 13th, we faxed and e-mailed all the materials they requested, and asked them to cancel our membership. Then we emailed them several times to ask about the status. But they just ignored us.
Unlimited Vacation Club customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.
More Unlimited Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club - misleading and lies - I know because I worked there 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club/AMResorts/GBS International Inc. - falsified promises 
- AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club - unethical sales practices 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - ability to cancel within the mexican statutory time 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club International - lies about everything! 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - salesman false promises on resort prices 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - timeshare
- Unlimited Vacation Club - customer service
- Unlimited Vacation Club - vacation package
- Unlimited Vacation Club - membership