[Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club / cancellation of membership

1 5600 SW 135th Ave. Suite 210Miami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-923-2582

My wife and I vacationed at Cancun, Mexico from April 1st to April 5th, 2015 . At April 4th we attended a presentation at Secret The Vine Resort in Cancun owned by Unlimited Vacation Club. We were told about a lot of benefits of becoming a member of Unlimited Vacation Club. We signed a contract of $21, 900 and paid $6740.74 on the spot. When we returned to the U.S and studied in detail the contract, we found it doesn't suit us. For example, the contract period is 25 years long, but my wife and I are almost 70 years. Under Mexican Law( the contract was signed in Mexico), these timeshare/vacation club contracts have a mandatory 5 day right to cancel the contract. So on April 7th, 2015 we sent a notice of cancellation to them. We also sent on the same day letters of cancellation to The Secret the Vine Resort in Cancun where we singed the contract and Profeco in Cancun, Mexico. All these letters were priority mail with tracking numbers. But we got no response. Later we called their office in Miami, Florida and asked them to cancel our membership. The asked us to send in the copies of Priority mail and letters of cancellation. On April 13th, we faxed and e-mailed all the materials they requested, and asked them to cancel our membership. Then we emailed them several times to ask about the status. But they just ignored us.

• Resolution statement

Unlimited Vacation Club customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Go
May 1, 2015

Comments

• Al
      20th of Jun, 2016

I was in Huatulco Mexico...And same than anyone else's they have make me drunk and lied to me to collect $26000...I will have the pleasure with my credit card company and my attorney to stop this Scams.All was lies...For Example they told me I can use a yacht and just pay the fuel ...They do not have one...They told me the max amount per room per week is $199..Just lies...And the sales man took $600 under the table dash to try to give me a better price of member...She stole my money...Call me 832-7850897...Before you deal with this liars and abusers..

• Ml
      13th of Mar, 2017

@alex salmassi Hi Alex,

I just tried calling you but no answer. We just got swindled into buying this last week in Punta Cana. We are out 8000 on our deposit thus far and want to know if there are any successful ways you know of to get that back.

Give me a call sometime 773-339-6143 so we can discuss strategy. thanks
    Matt

• My
      26th of Feb, 2017

Why on every complaint you say you can not get in touch with writer?? Why is that every answer? i wrote and i am waiting for a reply i left meemail address so you will have no way of saying you can't contact me . i am waiting by the email every day,

• Li
      28th of Aug, 2017

Same thing happened to my husband and I THIS IS A SCAM AND I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF REVIEWS SAYING THE SAME THING! We need to get the word out to so many people being taken advantage of!!

30th of May, 2018

@Lisaslookout Please contact me, we were robbed by this company too. Shalan 267 7773298

• Ab
      29th of Aug, 2017

Unlimited Vacation Club is misleading, sales people, they don't know what they are talking about, lie about everything, promising all the benefits but don't talk about things that are hidden under, I requested to cancel mine and request for refund, they don't care. I am beyond frustrating how to deal with this, how to get my money back. Wish there is someone to help me. - J. Downing

• Ju
      27th of Jan, 2018

Hello, of course, my wife and I were scammed the same way. We purchased a vacation plan and put down a payment of $3000. We have not used any of the services and we have not made our first-month payment. What we are trying to find out is how does this effect your credit if you refuse to make further payments.

• Ki
      28th of Feb, 2018

Has anyone been able to cancel/dissolve contract or get a refund?

30th of May, 2018

@Kimberly Norton No but I am trying, we need to get this place exposed to the public. Im Shalan My email is Shalanwpaulhill14@yahoo.com please contact me

• Ri
      22nd of Mar, 2018

any help with cancel unlimited vacations club.

30th of May, 2018

@rickd3171 No but we need to keep trying we also need to expose this company to the media, please contact me Shalanwpaulhill14@yahoo.com

WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND EXPOSE THIS COMPANY TO THE PUBLIC NOW

10th of Aug, 2018

We were suckered in when we visited the Dreams Resort in the Riviera Maya for our 35th wedding Anniversary in 2013.
    We did not realize anything until it was way to late, and have since paid off the amount owed, however we of course have the yearly maintenance fees, which I have not paid for this year yet, they keep emailing me though. We have never ever used this timeshare Once not even with the free certificates or anything. When it came down to it it was cheaper to do an apple all-inclusive or what have you than going through them. I want to know can we get out of this when we only own the yearly maintenance fees? I cant afford a lawyer, is there anyway to do this your self??

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2018

People are angry because they don't understand what the membership is and how to use it. I made sure before I signed any paperwork that what the salesman promised us was what was exactly in our contract. You actually have to take vacations regularly (2 or more a year) in order for the UVC membership to make sense both economically and in benefit. If you only take a vacation every couple of years or so then this is not for you. Just took a 10 day vacation and paid 0 extra..yes Zero dollars extra to uvc. I say zero extra because they were the "Free" nights that came with our membership and they give you more nights as you pay your contract. Technically they aren't "free" they are prepaid. Have 18 nights lefts and will absolutely use them. However we recieved and enjoyed the preferred room upgrade and preferred access that normal bookings dont get unless you pay a premium,
    check the preferred or "club" room prices ( Kayak, travelocity..etc). Plus they stand by their 25% below cheapest rate if you find it. We are all adults so shame on you for not understanding the totality of what you're getting yourself into and them crying like a child to strangers on the internet. For instance, if you go to France and its illegal to spit in the street and you get arrested for spitting in the street then you cry and say you didnt know it was illegal, shame on you for not knowing. Same rules apply here. Would you buy a house or car without reading the fine print of what it is you are actually getting and the cost? I think not. Everything the salesman said was right there in my contract in black and white and I made damn sure of it or they weren't getting a penny. Its call due dilligence folks.. Read before you sign and if you dont understand ask questions or walk away if you're uncomfortable!

• Pa
      14th of Nov, 2018

My husband and I signed up, September 2018, we have also sent a letter to cancel our membership, no reply. What is it going to take? Has any one ever gotten a positive outcome? Pastorbrendalegins912@gmail.com

• Pa
      14th of Nov, 2018

We would like to know if anyone has had a positive outcome