Universal Coin & Bullion / Coin Rip Off

1 7410 Phelan BlvdBeaumont, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-459-COIN

This coin company, Universal Coin & Bullion, is ran by a crook named Mike Fuljenz who has ripped me off before at another Texas coin company. He apparently claims to be a "consultant" for coin companies in Beaumont Texas, but he only "consults" for those he makes money off of. He also claims to be "the official coin company of the National Rifle Association" but only because of the marketing dollars he has spent with them. By mistake i responded to an ad in an NRA magazine, and was bludgined by some sales guy who sold me over and over and over again telling me my coins were worth more than i paid. When i told him I wanted to sell and take my "profits" he claimed i had he was rude and told me they had miraculously gone down since our last talk. They were even rude to my husband. When i talked to the manager i was given a laundry list of Mike Fuljenz credentials and accomplishments but never got my money back. I paid about 5 times what i should have. The last i heard he was being sued for millions and so i gave up trying to get my refund. Avoid this rip off company completely unless you just like being insulted and ripped off. This speaks loudly about the NRA. I guess they do not check out the criminal background of those they deal with.

Comments

• Ga
      17th of Jan, 2012

This October 30, 2011 posting by "Ripped Off CoinBuyer" is virtually identical to postings by the same person regarding two other Texas based retail coin companies made on the same day. Additionally, these postings are virtually identical to a previous posting regarding another Texas based retail coin company. It is obvious these postings are copied and pasted with a few minor changes. Certainly, this is the work of an unscrupulous competitor attempting to utilize this site to publish defamatory statements. These are the types of anonymous postings that should be removed by moderators.

• Gl
      12th of Mar, 2014

I agree, UCB pushes high premium slabbed coins on it's customers. When I first stated buying gold coins their dealers talked me into $2.50 Indians and $5.00 Indians. Gold went up 175% and when I tried to sell them back 2 or three years later they wouldn't give even give me what I paid for them. They gave me some BS about I didn't hold them long enough. I should have stuck with bullion coins. They always refer you to the PCGS price guide but what they fail to tell you is that is the price dealers sell the coins for, not what they buy them back for. Your better off checking the prices on the Grey sheet which show dealers cost (whole sale) what they pay for them. Your better off staying clear of these aggressive sales people who will just sell you over priced "collectible" coins.
    Glenn

• Tr
      28th of Feb, 2016

DANGER! Read the Houston Press report "Texas Coin Companies Target Elderly Investors". BEFORE you deal with Universal Coins and Bullion or any other Michael Fuljenz company. According to the article, Fuljenz's commissioned salesmen are trained to "mind screw" customers into buying.

6th of Apr, 2016

I totally agree with their view of this company. I contacted them due to their NRA affiliation and found them to be dishonest. I just cut them off and went else where. Once in a while they still call to pressure me and I just laugh at them. They lost a good customer because they are dishonest, My sales person was Justin. What a scammer.

• Ji
      22nd of Jun, 2017

The coin collecting hobby in general has been a get rich quick scheme for decades. I don't know of any other hobby that has so many unscrupulous people trying to rip you off. I have been buying and selling numismatics for over 50 years and the bottom line is, if you don't know what you are buying then you can't trust anyone. It is akin to buying stocks. If you don't do the research don't expect to get lucky out of the clear blue sky. As someone once said, "there's a sucker born every minute". Many good coin and bullion dealers do exist and nowadays it is pretty easy to check their track record. So if you do feel like you've been ripped off (as I have been more times than I want to admit) the bottom line is, it's your own darn fault and stop crying in your milk. It's your hard earned money, so don't be lazy, do the research and maybe next time you will make a nice profit.

• Sc
      14th of Mar, 2018

All true - this company is awful. They WON'T return phone calls after you've bought coins. I'm taking my loss and getting out.