United.com / Trick
’ve been Mileage Plus member since 1991. I tried to book the flight on united.com, AC795, Toronto to LA, Jun 15, 2008. Before I cannot find any information about whether they accept US credit card only. After I provided my credit card number, the next page showed my credit card is not accepted. Nothing else came out after this page. No contact information, confirmation number, or email. Nothing at all. I thought the purchase cannot go through. So I turned to book on aircanada.com and received confirmation number and email.
About a week later, someone called regarding issuing ticket of the Air Canada, Toronto to LA flight. I was only asked my billing address. I seemed to hear “United”. I was too sleepy to realize something weird.
Few days later, Air Canada called I also have other booking on United. I didn’t understand why double booking since I didn’t actually book the ticket with United. Even the only call didn’t mention double booking.
So I called United. I talked to a staff and a supervisor with long long hold totally around 30 minutes. They insisted I cannot have refund after ticket issued. My credit card wasn’t accepted when online. Now they charged my credit card, issued ticket without any notice. Moreover, no refund. They blamed me not returning their calls; they called me several times with messages. But the truth is I didn’t receive those calls. I don’t even have answering machine with my phone. They didn’t listen to me.
Although they said they can give me credit, better than nothing, I feel I was tricked by united.com. They don’t care about their customers. They only care about money. I just want to warn every non-US credit card holder must be very careful with united.com.
More United.com Complaints & Reviews
- United Air Care - unfinished work and hard-sell tactics 
- United Air Care - air duct cleaning 
- United Airlines - Delayed baggage 
- United Air Care - Unfinished work 
- Continental Airlines - What a pathetic way to run a business! 
- United Airlines - us customs and airline cancellation.
- United Airlines - Baggage information
- United Airlines - unexpected baggage fees
- United Airlines - united airlines customer service
- Air Canada And United Airlines And Aeroplan - discriminatory and unethical behaviour