United States Postal Service / desparity in discipline

1 8564 ne alderwood roadPortland, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-525-5342

Okay the post office it self is an amazing place to work. The benefits and raises are off the hook. But i am writing to talk about a particular facility. MT.HOOD DDC in portland oregon. Where to begin I took the job cause supervisors and other employees told me it was a family friendly place. Yeah right I am a single parent. I thoroughly expressed my situation to management that I need notice when my schedule would change or when overtime was to needed. Now I am or was a PTF. So I know they get treated like crap basically. That's why I voiced my concerns and situation to management before hand. Crazy thing they agreed with everything like "notice no problem". I went through 5 babysitters, cause they would change my schedule and not even tell me, they would call overtime as I was clocking out. Now that was my career or was supposed to be. So I would stay and do what had to be done. I would come in like everyday and remind them I know I am no more special then anyone else but please work with me. I am trying. Immediate supervisors wouldn't listen upper management didn't care. I put up with it that was my career.
The move they made that made me stop biting my tongue and holding back was this. In May I asked one of my supervisors for a day off in August. Yes she said and. Then in June I asked another supervisor for the same day off just to make sure. He said oh yeah you got it. So August comes and the schedule for that week comes out. I see that I am scheduled to work on the day off the I asked for months in advance and another coworker of mine did get it off and she asked for that same day in July. I was heated so I toke the day off. Now I am in the process of being removed. I know I was wrong. So I talk to my union president. He tells me people have done this before and the situation is blown way out off proportion. So I should have no problem getting my job back. He didn't put up much fight for me. I pay my dues just like eveyone else. I admitted my wrong doing and even apologized. But, I got nothing. NOTHING. And really I am lost now me and my daughter. I was only there for a year. I was a casual for one and a half years prior in a different facility. I am not a bad, spiteful person. Well until now. I am tired off them walking on me and I refuse to let my future go just like that. I see I am in this alone not even help from my union. MT.HOOD DDC IN PORTLAND OREGON IS A HORRIBLE PLACE, MAN IT CAN BREAK A PERSON. oh yeah and the union SUCKS.

Ca

Comments

Am
  13th of Sep, 2009

You are only treated like family if you become family and intermarry with the gull dogs and bull dogs.

13th of Sep, 2009

The lazy gossip mongers run the place

13th of Sep, 2009

just call me amie my real name is phong or call me ronda I always get my man and I have the biggest mouth I can sweet talk any guy