United States Postal Service / No mail delivery

United States, Michigan, Jackson Review updated:
8541 Oakwood Ct.
Our Postal Carrier did NOT deliver our mail today, January 10, 2009. He had come into the area, but did not come down my street. Thus, nobody on my block received any mail today. This means I will have to go to the local Post Office and drop off my mail in person so that I can make sure my mail gets out in time. It does not help at all when the only phone number listed in an 800 number. If I want to call and file a complaint I should be able to call a local post office, not an 800 number that may be answered by someone in an entirely different state.
I will get the phone number I need, I will file a complaint, and I will definitely suggest the Postal Service search my carrier's home to make sure that he is not hording any of our mail.

N  3rd of May, 2009 by
Our mail carrier constistantly delivers other people's mail to our house. Most of it is junk mail, but we have gotten mortgage notices, income taxe refunds, and investment informtation for other people. If it is in the same neighborhood I will take it to them, but if it is not in our neighborhood I put it back in the mailbox. Often they refuse to take it. When I put a note on it explaining that they needed to redeliver it, the mail carrier accused me of defacing mail. Recently I renewed the registration on both of our cars. One of them arrived in 5 days like they usually do. I still haven't gotten the other one. I contacted the DMV and they said they were mailed on the same day. If I get a ticket for not haveing my registration, will the mail service be willing to pay the fine. I am sure they won't, but they can raise their fees and limit service when every they wish. I guess that is what happens when you have a monopoly.

USPS / United States Postal Service Logo USPS / United States Postal Service