United Healthcare Insurance / rx coverage. changed plan without asking me. can't get meds

1 United States

January 1, 2016 Member ID: [protected] Wanda Ray. BD 07/21/1954 Phone: [protected] United Health Care changed my policy without asking me. When it was time to refill my pain medicine was told the medicine wasn't on the list. I spoke to about six people to try to resolve this problem. Was on the phone for hours and hours without resolution. Told me to have doctor fill out appeal so I could get medicine. I talked to doctor two times and they faxed the into to UHC. My doctor has thousands of patients I am sure. Arguing with an insurance co, is probably not on his agenda. He wrote the RX. That is what I should be able to get. Then got a voice mail that request was denied., So I called Optum Rx spoke to more people who told me to call UHC. Called them again and was told to call my doctor tomorrow and have him call and say I had to have this medicine. But appeals take atleast 72 hrs. I need my medicine tomorrow. This company changed my plan, increased my premium and wont cover meds that I have been taking for years. Oxymorphone 10mg. I have had 5 back surgeries, have diabetes and severe pain and neuropathy. If I don't have my pain meds I cant even walk. Was told to appeal and wait. What do I do in the mean time? Go to hospital or suffer. This is so unacceptable. This company is messing with peoples lives. So corrupt. I plan to get in touch with the insurance commissioner and anyone else that will listen to me. How is this helping the patient?

Wa