United Auto Credit / Breach of agreement

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE UNITED AUTO CREDIT, EVER!!!

I made, well my wife made that mistake last year and used them to purchase a van. The saying is true, if it is too good to be true it usually is. From day one I knew it was a nightmare waiting to happen. First of all they NEVER sent us a payment book and never sent receipts for payments either. Pretty classy company huh? When asked about a payment book, the person always had a smartaleck remark to make, "we don't use payment books Mr so and so". Give me a break.

After a financial hardship we became late on ONE payment. Then the next payment came up and my wife CONTACTED them and advised David of the situation. David advised my wife that it would be ok to make the payment on our next pay period. My wife asked for a written agreement, but David ASSURED her that everything would be fine to just send the payment via money gram.

Wed. morning 5-29-07, one day before the paychecks hit the bank, our car was REPO'ED!!! Calls to United Auto Credit and the person named Michelle was like talking to a 2 year old, Mr this and Mr that. Asked to speak to a Manager and got some kid named Drew. Drew didn't know his plam from the back of his hand.

Finally got to talk to David and he DENIED the conversation with my wife. We are going to get phone records from the phone company because it is long distance to call them. David advised that he never received any phone calls from us.

If you want to save a lot of heart ache and misery I suggest not doing business with United Auto Credit at all. This business is so shady that they don't have a website nor will talk to you in person, only over the phone. The Birmingham, AL office has had so many rip-off that they have changed their addresses and use PO Box's now.

A company that will not return phone calls, will not send a payment book on a loan on a vehicle, will not stand by promises made by loan officers and supervisors is not one you want to deal with.

Er

Comments

• Da
      30th of May, 2007

By the way, the address is P.O Box 100696 Birmingham, AL 35210 205-957-7900.

Do not Deal with this company, I too was ripped off by them!

• Ke
      12th of Jun, 2007

I advise you not to deal with this company it feels like dealing with a loan shark they constantly call you at work at home asking about your payment I was never late not even one day late in two years with my payment and they still called asking me if I've sent my payment and remind me that i have no grace period they are charged me 26% interest. At the time we had no choice but when we did get back on our feet we put a stop to that if they are the only people who will finance your car JUST WALK !!!

• Un
      10th of Sep, 2007

Ever since I started dealing with UACC, they have been nothing but headaches. I was out of town on business one time and returned realizing that the payment was due the previous business day. I immediately tried to make arrangements to make payment, and they told me that I could go ahead and send in my payment with MoneyGram, but there was no was to insure that my car would 'be where I left it', if they decided to accept my payment at all. This company has no respect for customers, believes their ### doesn't stink, and the closer you get to paying off your vehicle, the faster they will try to pull it out from under you. Although there is one gentleman I did speak with a few times, which was a very considerate person and was willing to help, the rest are a bunch of angry ### who can't wait to go home from their minimum wage job.

17th of Sep, 2007

THIS PEOPLE OWES ME 1800.00. I WENT AND I TRADED IN MY TRUCK JUST SO I WOULDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ###ING PEOPLE. I HAD MY ACCOUNT WITH BLOOMINGTON IL. THE BIATCH THERE NAME WENDY, AMY, AND LINDA WHERE THE WORST. NOT TO MENTION KEITH. THIS BOZOS PROBLEY LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GHETTO AND THEY WANTED TO TALK ###. PLEASE!!!!!!!!NEVER AGAIN THEY WERE THE WORST MISTAKE I MADE

• Te
      21st of Jan, 2008

I have had my car thru these people for two years and have never been late. I make my payments to the office in irondale on alex drive. However I always get a call from the other location asking when I am going to pay. I have to repeat this every month ( I made my payment on time to your irondale location) why dont these people communicate. The people there are rude, mean, and very uncaring. I have called them maybe twice asking for a couple of days after due date to pay , not a month, not a week, maybe one or two days. Each time they threatened to repo my car if i didnt pay on the due date. I have never dealt with a business that did not allow some kind of grace period. And the way they talk to you is terrible. I will have had this car for 2 years in may and I am going to trade it in , so that I can find abetter finance company. United Auto Credit Of Birmingham stinks.

28th of Jan, 2008

well i too have had trouble with this company but they have been really helpful since they cut my pay at my job i know its not them but THE LORD whos doing this for me so if you have been hurt by them just trust in HIM and HE will make things right with all of yall i hope this helps some of you and if it does then ive done what HE wanted me to do GOD BLESS EACH ONE OF YOU!!!!! Michael D. Cash

• Me
      17th of Mar, 2008

United Auto Credit is one of the worse employers to work for. They do not care about their customers are employees. Their turnover rate is unheard of. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY ARE BORROW FROM THEM THEY ARE THE WORSE COMPANY IN THE WORLD. THEY MAKE YOU WORK UNPAID OVERTIME AND IF YOU DO NOT WORK IT YOU WILL BE FIRED. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU APPLY. I SURE IN THE HELL WISH I WOULD HAVE.

• Ua
      18th of Mar, 2008

Pay your bills on time and you never hear from UACC...

• Ro
      22nd of Mar, 2008

I have had a car loan for a year. I have never been late on a payment. They have acted very respectful on each call to them. I never get calls from them. They sent my payment book right off. They even ask me if I wanted to change my due date. Then sent a new payment book asap.

• Bi
      5th of Apr, 2008

Its amazing to me to read such comments when im certain most of the complaints come from individuals whom were turned down by about 15 different lenders, based upon their poor history with paying on time in the past, before this company decided to take the chance on all of you. The fact of the matter is you are all paying 24-26% apr for a reason, lets not act so innocent. Pay your financial obligations on time and stop complaining! Im sure you all didnt have this attitude when you walked into the dealership, werent pre approved and this bank stepped up and layed down 10 to 20k for ya. pay it back... OH YEAH... ON TIME, ILL BETCHA THEY STOP CALLING... YOU MAY EVEN GET TO KEEP YOUR THE CAR YOU DONT OWN TILL EVERY LAST DIME IS PAID!

• Cr
      26th of May, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE. THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY NOT FELLOW THE RULES THAT THE STATE OF GA HAS OF HAVING A 10 DAY GRACE FRAME. I HAVE PAID ALL OF MY PAYMENT BUT 100.00 THIS MONTH AND THEY SENT ME A LETTER SAYING I HAVE I HAVE NOT PAID ANY. WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

31st of May, 2008

this company is really a bunch of penny hounding ### holes ive been with this company going on 3 1/2 yrs i got 12 more pyments its been fucn hell they first start by callin sayn this is a reminder call then the day of the due date they call bac sayn we havent got your payment yet i say damn its 8.30am have u guys mail ran yet it will be a blessing 2 get a way from this company an stay far away

31st of May, 2008

these are the most rude nasty ### altitude people iv delt with in my life if i can say one thing to save anyone a headache stay awawy from dis so called lender with untrained employees an management they will pick your car up 4 one day late their is no compromising with this company the lady called me on a thur. i told her i got payed on fri.she ask me can i get someone to loan me the money, so i ask can she loan me the money. smart ### b///h

• Ri
      11th of Jun, 2008

Well I just had my repoed. Kind of sucked too, took em 6 months to find it tho! hahahaha, STFU UACC!!

Now Im going to dDOS them off the web!!

UACC, you got my truck, and you wont get a friggin dime, we both lose.

Now prepare for pwnage u ###...

MUAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Go
      25th of Jul, 2008

I would have to agree 100% with Bill Payor...UACC took a chance on you when NO ONE would lend you $5 all they ask for is that you pay it back on time...why is that so hard? Does having previous repos, forclosures, collections and bankruptcies entitle you to 4% APR?!! Of course you pay a high interest rate you are a HIGH risk because you have a history of paying no one. UACC gave you an opportunity to have transportation to get back and forth to work, to take your kids to school, go to the grocery store and not to mention HELP build your credit. It's amazing when you pay your bills how there are no collection calls...funny how that works. Enjoy your bad credit for the rest of your lives because you obviously don't appreciate an opportunity to change it.

• On
      9th of Aug, 2008

To everyone bad talking this company United Auto Credit I am going to defend them! I have NEVER recieved a phone call at home or at work. I have NEVER been late in 3 years. I have not yet spoke to anyone on the phone from that establishment. What I am trying to say is IF YOU MAKE PAYMENTS ON TIME THEY WILL NOT BOTHER YOU!!
    You signed a contract stating that you would not be late! When you do become late you get what goes along with that.
    People should not come on this site and bad rep this company because they are late paying a bill LOOK AT YOUR CONTRACT PEOPLE!!

• Da
      12th of Sep, 2008

I've had an account with UAC for 2 years now. I had a problem with my 1st payment, because it actually got lost in the mail. I had mailed it 2 weeks before the due date to insure that it would make it there on time. Of course it didn't, and was close to a week late. It was on the one of their desks the entire time. Of course, I started sending in my paynent certified mail, so they would have to sign for it and that was my proof that I sent it. I never had a problem after that. And now I can make payment over the phone for a small fee, and it makes everything easier since I don't have to stand in line at the post office. Being a recently divorced mom of 3, they were there to help me out when my vehicle broke down by helping me get another one. I received the payment book about a week after I made my purchase, and they are generally nice to me when I call them. They will call me in the afternoon on the due date, if I haven't paid my bill by the date. I pay it and they thank me for my payment. But I generally pay before the due date. BTW, the branch that I have my account with is in Birmingham, AL.

• De
      10th of Oct, 2008

UACC are a bunch of ###s. I have been with them for three years and cant wait til Feb when i can pay my truck off completely. I have never heard of any company coming to your house to talk about your late payments. Yeah Right!!! They don't care if you are one day late, they will start to harass you. Unprofessional to say the least. I would love to see them shut down and out of business!

16th of Oct, 2008

I agree about Michelle. She is aSTILL there, and is STILL a horrible human being. I've been with UACC for over 2 years, and have had no problem with ANYONE else in there. Michelle must not get any in her personal life, 'cuz I've never talked to someone with so much hunger for vendetta. This single woman has completely made me sick of dealing with an otherwise tolerable 2nd chance credit provider.

I traded my car out and had the balance owed rolled into a new loan (which will payoff UACC). Michelle is trying to threaten me into sending her an additional month's payment, "or it's your credit that's going to be ruined". We'll see what the judge says, honey... dress nice, 'cuz it's you goin to court for this, not a company representative!

Michelle will not listen beyond her own thoughts, nor will she try to understand ANY situation if it isn't noted in her little job description.

I say again, that Michelle is one of the most wretched people I've EVER dealt with, and I hope that she and this company go completely under, never to return to business.

F-You Michelle!

• Se
      30th of Oct, 2008

hmmm? i find it outstanding that there are people out there that think its ok to harrass, insult, condescend to, and lie to a person who was looking for financial help. UACC gave them a shot...observant call ###s. UACC is PREYING on individuals who yes, have less than perfect credit to make a profit...just like the creditors that lend to you perfect debtors out there, its about hitting a market that was previously UNTOUCHED by the mainstream.
    I have a loan through UACC and the best part is that i work for a high risk auto finance company, and they still feel that thier collection tactics work on me.
    For example, im sure most of you ahve been threatened with reposession after being 1 day late or maybe a week late..this ISNT because they have honest intentions of reposessing your vehicle, its because the majority of these collectors are paid on a "BONUS" scale. They MUST collect the accounts that are assigned to them or thier delinquency percentages will go up and their managers will yell at them..AND ...NO BONUS.
    Let me explain...and pay attention...
    IT IS VASTLY MORE BENEFICIAL FOR A FINANCE COMPANY TO ALLOW YOU TO KEEP YOUR VEHICLE (if not more than 30 days delinquent-as statistics have proved once an account goes past 30 days del. it is too hard to get back on track.) THEY WILL *****LOSE***** MONEY BY REPOSESSING THE VEHICLE.. THE CAR WILL GO TO AUCTION, THERE WILL BE A DEFICIENCY BALANCE AND THEY WILL HAVE TO PAY TO PURSUE LEGAL ACTION!

They want you to believe that they will take your vehicle becasue they are appealing to your sense of ANXIETY.
    In collections there are 3 tactics to collecting any personality..
    1.Honor
    2.Pride
    3.Anxiety
    ### collectors skip right to the 3rd method because they themselves have no idea how to appeal to honor or pride, and most people respond to anxiety.

summary: UACC collectors are undertrained and will get themselves and thier bosses in alot of trouble by making threats towards people that know their job better than they do..