United Air Care / Female homeowner ripped off

90 Broughton AveBloomfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
4.5

I had a $49.95 dollar coupon that ended up $4,518 dollars.

I told him I was a first time home buyer and that he could be ripping me off.

The technician told me if he did half the job I would run the risk of the furnace breaking down and it would cost me 10-15 thousand to get a new one. Also told me that if I called sears they would charge me 5 or 6 thousand. I called sears 1 week later they charge 189.95 for 8 vents, $19.95 for each additional,$50 bucks for blower motor cleaning. To compare these con-artist charged $690 for 9 vents, $500 for blower motor cleaning. Just to give an idea of the major rip off I have encountered. I spoke with the person who handles the complaints and got no where.
Va

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008
"united air care" has now switched its name to "Indoor Air Care" beware for this company...they are very BAD people!
Wi
  25th of Aug, 2009
Stay away from using Indoor Air Care or United Air Care (the company's former name).
Their ads suggest reasonable prices for cleaning air ducts, but once they get to your home, they "recalculate" the amount of work needed and charge an astronomical amount of money - thousands of dollars instead of hundreds.
One worker didn't speak English, couldn't answer questions, and barely did anything - he held the air hose.
They'll offer coupons, too, to make you think you are saving money, but the initial price is so inflated the coupons make no difference.
Please use another company and get multiple quotes. I unfortunately researched this company as the work was being done and the contract was signed, otherwise I would never had used this company.
Cl
  30th of Nov, 2009
This "business" is a scam. Do not have any service done with them. United Air Care, Inc. turned a $50 coupon for duct cleaning into a $1, 200 bill. I was not home during the service, but they straight up took advantage of my wife. Now they will not call me back after three attempts to talk with a manager.

United Airlines Logo United Airlines