Tyson Foods/Quiznos / Bone in PreCooked shredded Chicken

1 Saint Joseph, MO, United States Review updated:

I was served a chicken Salad at Quiznos, with Jalepenos. While chewing, a peice of bone, about an inch long, was jammed into my mouth, just above the gumline on my left side. The bone went into the skin and splintered. I pulled it out, and complained to the casheir on duty, who offered me a refund. I was bleeding quite a bit, but they didnt seem at all concerned, and i was in a lot of pain from the jalepeno juice getting into the cut. A couple days later, instead of healing, the cut became very infected. A week later, I went to the dentist, who gave me the choice of doing a root canal, or pulling the tooth. Just wanting the pain to stop, i told him to pull the tooth. There was so much puss and infection in there, it kept draining for days. Then it formed another abscess and i went back to the dentist, who pulled a second tooth. A week later, I returned a third time, and the dentist removed a chunk of bone from the gum. After about a month, with antibitoics, the infection finally cleared up. No one at Quiznos would even return a call to me, and finally i did get to speak with someone at Tyson foods, who told me they were investigating, but were not preparedd to admit to any liabilty. Now, Tyson wants me to surrender the bone to them, and they want to offer an amount for a settlement that will not even addres the dental bills, and a bridge to replace the teeth. They state that they feel that the teeth had previous dental work, and therefore, were probably in bad shape before the incident with their food. Enclosed is a photograph of the bone that I saved.

Tyson Foods/Quiznos

Comments

• Th
      24th of Jan, 2011

If you knew anything about Tyson or processed foods, you wouldn't ever get mechanically separated chicken again.
    Also, it's really terrible that they didn't give you a second look and you went through such hell because of that, but chicken naturally has bones in it. I work at a Subway and sometimes when I'm prepping chicken, I'll find a little piece of bone or tendon in it. It comes with the territory. Mechanically separated chicken is just that: mechanically "separated".