TXU Energy / Terrible customer service!

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

I was without electricity for four days and not due to non payment. TXU received my payment and still disconnected my service two days later. I have a child in the home that requires special medical care and we had to stay in the hospital for the weekend to ensure that she received the care needed. I explained this to the three supervisors that I spoke to in addition to the representatives, no one cared. They dragged their feet and my services was not restored until the fifth day after I finally contacted a supervisor that went a little further beyond an email. I am a single mother and we had to throw away all of the food in our refrigerator. I loss like that is a major hardship in my household. I cannot begin to explain the major loss that their negligence caused to my children and I.

Comments

• Te
      19th of Mar, 2008

I have called TXU energy for three weeks now, I have to talked to Selma, Alberto, Juan Carlos, Edwardo, Alexi, you name it I have to talked to them, but yesterday I talked to a young lady by the name of Gabby, not only was she rude but she hung up the telephone in my face, because I requested to speak to a Supervisor, because like I told you I have spoken to everyone. I lived at South Marcia Circle but I got a new house and had my electric services transferred to my new address at Briargate Drive that was taken care of successfuly, when I called the City of Houston Water department they explained to me that I needed a (Letter of Residency) from my electric provider, they told me to have the letter faxed to them I called TXU talked to a young man who told me that this would be taken care of I gave him the fax number and hung up. A few days later I called the Water department they said that they have not recieved it, I called TXU energy again and was told that it did not go through, and it would be faxed again but it would take 5 to 7 business days to be taken care of that this was the policy, I said that noone ever explained this to me and further more why does it take 5 to 7 days to fax anything. My daughter and I are living with friends mind you through this whole ordeal, I called back again a few days later, and noone knew what I was talking about, because everytime that you call you talk to someone new, and you have to explain the whole story over again. I asked to speak to a Supervisor who was rude until I explained to him what I was going through that I bought a house that I can not live in because of water. He told me last week that he put in a request to have the letter faxed and that the matter would be solved. I recieved a Letter of Residency in the mail it had my old address on it not my new address and the Water company refused to take it, so my daughter and I are still displaced, I called and talked to Gabby and explained once again the whole story also the addendum of the mistake that was made by TXU, she said that she would put another order in but once again I would have to wait another 5 to 7 day's I asked why, she told me that noone was going to change the policy just for me. I told her to let me speak to a Manager again, that I had been through enough and I did not want to speak with her anymore since she had to be so rude. Ms. Gabby said call back then and she (HUNG UP IN MY DAMN FACE). So I have called my Lawyer to see what else I can do, because now I am pissed for someone to tell me that I could call back everyday or every hour the results are going to be the same. It is coming to the beginning of a new month and my house payment along with TXU's electric payment is due again and I still don't live in my house, now you tell me what kind of mess is this. I did not get with TXU to be treated bad. I am still in need of a Letter Of Residency faxed to the Houston Water Department
    (713-371-1389). My daughter and I can no longer live like this. I called today to check on the status of my letter to find out that they tried to send it to the wrong fax number, so now another person stated that he would have to put in another request and yes you guessed it we would have to wait another 5 to 7 days before the letter can be faxed, this is beyond a disgrace. Thanks Terri D. Collins

• Co
      14th of May, 2008

TXU is the most fraudulent, abusive company to be found.

• Ry
      2nd of Dec, 2008

Greetings, All!

I am very sorry to hear about your trouble relating to your TXU experiences. Unfortunately, TXU doesn't seem to care about their customers and their issues. They were once a giant monopoly here in Texas, as was Reliant. But since deregulation, you have the power to choose your electric provider.

I work for Stream Energy via Ignite (the marketing arm), a competitor to TXU and Reliant in Texas. Unlike those two companies, Stream Energy does not advertise. They rely on word of mouth referrals from their customers to spread the word about the company. I am a Director with Stream Energy, and I'm here to offer you all a solution to your energy nightmare.

TXU charges in upwards of 13.8 cents to 16 cents for some month to month plans. The kicker is that sometimes they lock you in for a low rate, but when that rate ends, they don't tell you about it and put you on some plan for a ridiculous rate. Reliant is similar. My mother was on a low rate forever, and when she called Reliant, she found out that her contract had ended and they had rate hiked her to over 15 cents per kWh!

Let's assume you're on a Competitor's 12 month fixed rate plan. To be generous, I've calculated an annual electrical expenditure based on a 14.0 cent, 15.0 cent and 16.0 cent plan.

A Competitor

.160 (16.0 cents) x 1000 kWh = $160 x 12 months = $1, 920
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 2000 kWh = $320 x 12 months = $3, 840
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 3000 kWh = $480 x 12 months = $5, 760
    .160 (16.0 cents) x 4000 kWh = $640 x 12 months = $7, 680

Instead of paying those rates, how would you like to pay 12.6 cents per kilowatt hour instead? Let's run the math on this and see what it comes out to be.

Stream Energy Fixed Rate plan @ 12.6 cents (12 months) (Houston might be a cent more per kilowatt hour. I will check on this)
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 1000 kWh = $126 x 12 months = $1, 512.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 2000 kWh = $252 x 12 months = $3, 024.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 3000 kWh = $378 x 12 months = $4, 536.00
    .126 (12.6 cents) x 4000 kWh = $504 x 12 months = $6, 048.00

As you can see, the saving are huge in comparison. You should not be forced to pay a higher rate for your electricity to fund your electric company's advertising costs.

If you are interested in saving money with Stream Energy, please visit the following website to Enroll for Service with Stream Energy. Http://hadley.igniteinc.biz/

My name is Ryan Hadley, and when you sign up for service, I will be personally responsible for monitoring your service plan. If your rate is about to expire, I have tools that let me know when it will expire, and when that time comes, you will be made aware of the new rate after your 12 month fixed rate is completed. It is my honor to service and support you.

If you have any questions or comments, please, do not hesitate to call me or email me regarding your electric service. I am here to help!

Kindest Personal Regards,