TruGreen / illegal business practices

Berwyn, IL, United States
Phone: 708-749-0866

April 5 2012

In March 2012 I called TruGreen Chemlawn and spoke to a customer service representative regarding non-contractual service they applied and automatically deducted from my bank. I was scammed in a similar fashion last year and ended up paying for the entire year. The had my account number and the sky was the limit. This time it was the final straw. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was called by the local manager who apologized and said that my $37 would be refunded to me. It's been 2 months and I'm still waiting. However, I have received 2 calls back since then. My son told me that they called and said that they had a verbal contract with me. I received another call last night with no message. I called the number on my caller id and of course it was their countrywide number and they couldn't tell me who had called and from where. I left my name and number and am still waiting for a call back from my “local office” whose number isn't available to me. I am a disabled widow living on a limited income and I will take this to the Supreme Court if I must and then it will be $37.00 plus legal costs.