TRS Recovery Services / fraud

1 AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 334-432-2421

I received a letter from TRS Recovery Services stating that I had written bouced checks, but I do not receive checks from my bank. So far they have sent me 4 different letters for different amounts of money that I had supposed to have written the checks for. I called the number that was listed if I wanted to dispute this letter. I dialed [protected], it was a recording that told me to write to the p.o. box number. I never could talk to a live person. I am getting me an attorney to do a full investigation on this company for Identity theft and calling the better business bureau of Investingation to make sure this company is put out of business.

Rh

Comments

• Qu
      6th of Jun, 2008

These people, TRS Recovery Services, not only rip off people from who a debt is trying to be collected, they prey on innocent people!. They make withdrawals from people's checking accounts over the phone and falsify the verification process to TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!! Stay alert of the activity on your accounts!!!

• Co
      8th of Apr, 2009

I have just received two letters from TRS Recovery Services Inc. There are two amounts, (fairly small) But definitely not mine. I have called the same number you have listed and cannot speak to a real person. They have asked for information about me that is none of their business. If it was a real claim, they would have all that information. I do not write checks to pay bills, I use a debit card or online banking.
    I cannot see how this company can continue in such a fraudulent manor.
    Concerned in Washington State

• De
      26th of Sep, 2009

Call this number--
    1-800-710-9898
    This is the number for "disputing a claim", or something like that. Talk directly to a supervisor. Don't even explain the problem to an operator.
    Good luck.
    Debbie

• Cj
      10th of May, 2011

I received calls saying I had a check returned from Sam's Club and I needed to make arrangements to send them the cost of the check plus a fee. Well 1st off, the check had been paid, 2ndly when I tried to call these people all I could ever get was press 1, press2 again, never a human.

I called Sam's Club about this and they were so upset. They tried to call the number and got the same thing. Finally they were able to get on their system and my check had cleared the bank and I owed no one anything.

These people still call me all the time and I have blocked the number on the phone and turned them over to local law enforcement.

• Kr
      18th of Dec, 2015

I also received a letter stating I owed money for a check that was bad. Well first and formally I don't write checks, don't even own any just a debit card. I'm going to do a little investigation of these people myself and heaven forbid they take money out of my account