[Resolved] Troy-Biltmodel 30477 xp 7000 gen

I purchased a troy-bilt xp 7000-running-watt portable generator with briggs & stratton engine on may 25th this year. I took it out the box put it together. Checked the oil level & added 1 gallon of gas. Started it. I connected a drill to see if it worked. Which it did. I was very pleased with it. I started it up on the 1st of this month. Noticed the display is not working. Connected a drill it did not work. Brought it to lowes. They sent it in for repairs. They called me saying it will cost me $522.56 to fix. They said it was over loaded. This generator has over load protection. If i did over load it (with a drill) it should of went into protect mode. It did not. So this being said. The protect mode is faulty. Which is the cause of the failure. Its only 36 days old.. I bought it just for hurricane season. I bought a troy bilt in 2005 i gave it to my dad this year still working. I am very dis satisfied with the repair shop decision. Can you please help.. Thank you. The repair is under my cell number.[protected]. Have a blessed day.

• Resolution statement