Trip Mate Travel Insurance / refused claim - couldn't explain

I booked my honeymoon and we purchased the travel insurance as a backup in case something happened. We departed for our flight and I became extremely Ill on the plane so we were unable to reach our destination. Trip mate denied our claim and when I call in to try and resolve the issue they tell me that they can't tell me how to resolve it that I just need to do what I feel would be best to resolve it. I have called in multiple times and every single time my husband or I call in they give us a different reason why it was denied. They are extremely rude and unhelpful. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Comments

• Co
      13th of Mar, 2011

I am assuming you were denied because you did not see a dr when you interrupted your trip. If you read your policy i'm sure it says you need to have been treated by a qualified physician at the time you interrupt your trip for it to be covered... You have to know that it is silly to purchase inusrance or anything else without reading what you are buying. This is only common sense... if you dont see a dr how else do you fugure you can prove you were sick? If insurance companies did not ask for proof any one can claim whatever they want and get money for it. So if someone was bored and didnt want to stay on the trip they could just say the were sick and come home. That would be fraud so insurance companies must require such proof of incidence. I am sorry your honeymoon was ruined but its not the Insurance companies fault you didnt read your policy before traveling.

• Ki
      21st of Mar, 2011

Trip Mate Insurance is awful. I have a fully documented case only seeking return of airline ticket cancellation fee and they refuse to cover. They keep changing their reason. I have filed a complaint with the state department of insurance and will shortly file a law suit against them. Do not use this company.

• Sm
      20th of Jun, 2013

RIP-MATE did everything possible to deny, delay, and frustrate the execution of their contractual financial duties. Tripmate failed to provide an air ambulance even though it was medically essential and they so admitted. Tripmate "authorized" but did not send the air evacuation service that Tripmate promotes, but could not provide when it was needed. Tripmate provided, instead of an ambulance, only obstacles. Tripmate was no help. I was on my own. I had to secure my own land ambulance to a clinic.
    Then, I had to secure my own flight home. I had to find my own air ambulance company. When Tripmate failed to locate an air ambulance "because of the weather, " I found an Air Ambulance service in minutes via American Express. Tripmate then took nine months considering my claims. Finally, they paid. In fact, I was preparing a suit when, at long last, the check for reimbursement arrived. The case was documented by lawyers, submitted. Documented again. And, then, again, each time the file was prepared by lawyers. Tripmate's "service" - in my experience - is a scandal and those who consider Tripmate would be well advised to check the web for the experience of others, including the legal costs of legitimate recovery.