Travelocity / changed confirmation - overcharged

1 Hillsborough, NJ, United States

I booked a flight from Newark to San Francisco for the 24th of Feb and a return trip from LA to Newark for the 3rd of March. I read the itinerary 3 times for each booked one way trip before I submitted payment. I mean, who wouldn't? I had booked the trip a week before departure so I did not find it necessary to review the email confirmations because I was confident that everything was set up as planned. Well I decided to review my departure time the day before I departed only to see that the departure flight from Newark was changed to the 24th of March for the exact same one stop flight that I had to re-book for the 24th of Feb. I called Travelocity and the United Airlines and they both told me I was responsible for the ticket cost for 24th of March, and that I had to purchase an additional ticket for the 24th of February which also happened to be 120$ more than what it was when I purchased it one week before. All together it put me 250$ in a hole. Funny how the return flight for March 3rd from LA did not change. What crappy company would let you book an arrival flight 3 weeks after the departing flight? One that I would never use nor refer to anyone ever again.

Ro