Travelocity / travelocity sucks and has horrible customer service!

Well, I've been waiting for someone to help me out with customer service for the past 45 minutes. Not only is the hold music horrible, but they dont tell you how long it will be.

So far I've had time to walk my dog, watch a sitcom, and sign up for this site to write a complaint. You know... travelocity always advertises the guarantee that they will make everything right, but that is only IF you can get someone on the line to help you. Travelocity has horrible customer service.

The other problem with travelocity is that they send you links that current browsers block because they are popups. I also wasted 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get my popup blocker (which is disabled anyways) to open up my travel information. Why in the hell would a huge company like travelocity do something so stupid?

Something else that bugged me. Their site is easy to use as long as you are trying to spend more money. If you are trying to print a ticket or get information about your trip then good luck navigating through all the advertisements. They even tried to trick me into spending an extra $40 for extra leg room. You see when you are actually checking into your flight you click a couple of continue buttons after entering information. They make one of these continue buttons a trap that will charge you more money. It took me a couple of minutes before I found the path to checkin that wouldn't cost me extra.

Still on hold... its been almost an hour now and I've been listening to the same repetitive hold music and a message that says someone will help me shortly.... what a lie. I'm starting to doubt that there is anyone on the other end of the line at all. Their customer service is really just a facade, I bet they figure that after an hour most people will just hang up.

This is ridiculous...

I'm so fed up with travelocity that I told myself I was going to write until someone answered, but it has been more than an hour and nobody has answered so I'm done. I'm done. Still pissed off, but I think I made my point.

Va

Comments

Lu
  15th of Dec, 2006

Booked a vacation to Las Vegas leaving on Sept. 18,2006. Went to airport and flight was delayed by 2 hrs due to bad weather in Atlanta. Waited for over 1 1/2hrs and was told the connecting flight had already taken off and would have to wait in Atlanta for over 12 hrs for another. Called Travelocity & cancelled trip. Called credit card co on 9/18 & put hold on monies. Contacted travelocity on 9/26 told we would get complete credit. Called 11/13 again and was told working on it and to fax all info to Consumer Relations Dept. Did. Called 12/13 and again given a run around and would not let me talk to anyone in customer relations and told to contact our credit card co. Discover Card will not help us either and is now charging us interest on this money. We feel we should not have to pay for services we did not receive as Travelocity advertises a complete money back guarantee.

Cl
  21st of Mar, 2007

Travelocity has been a night mare and it is not worth using for lower prices, you will end up spending more money just by the amount of time you spend fixing their mistakes.

Problem number one: I booked a hotel through them and paid with my Travelocity credit card. When I got to the hotel they asked me for my credit card and I gave it to them and they ended up charging me for the hotel which hasn't shown up yet on my credit card, but it so happens that there charge was $60 less. I should have reserved directly through the hotel had I known that. The next problem that I have is now I'm trying to get my money back on a double charge that has shown up on my credit card for a different hotel and I've called Travelocity 3 times and been on the phone each time for 45 minutes waiting for a real person to answer; then it has been @ 30 minutes talking to the representative who asks questions and then puts you on hold, comes back with more questions, puts you on hold, asks more questions, puts you on hold, until each time the final say was, "call back tommorrow the accounting dept. is closed". So after this happened a third time I called the hotel and spoke with a manager who said he'd look into it and call me back in an 11/2 hours. He never called back, I assume he probably got the same answer. So then I called the credit card company and put it into dispute and I have to mail them all of my documentation. This seems to have happened on two different hotel reservations, except the 2nd hotel didn't have me reserved for a room, even though, Travelocity had charged my credit card and provided me with a confirmation number, of which I presented to the person at the hotel, so I spent 30 minutes checking in while they tried to resolve it.. it was midnight and I was tired and had hoped that I could have just checked in easily. Nope.. and I was double charged and am fighting that too. I also have one more trip booked through Travelocity and have wanted to cancel it and my user name and password is not working, after requesting several times for this information via email, I received it and have tried several times to get onto my account to get my trip information and some information on how to cancel the trip and receive a credit towards another trip and I still am unable to access my account. I called 3 times, on phone a minimum of 45 min. each time, and finally someone told me that they would change my account name and password and the information would be in my email in 7 minutes. Sure enough I received nothing fixing my account and it's been 3 days later and I am still trying to get information on this trip that has been charged to my account that I am unable to find information on for cancellation. I had to call the hotel and the airlines to see if they had reservations and they said they do. I asked how I could cancel and how much of a credit I would get towards a future trip and they told me I would have to go through travelocity. When I finally got through to Travelocity on another call, the person I spoke to couldn't find the information on the trip with the Trip ID that was assigned to this trip. I honestly don't know what's going on? Do I have a paid trip? Will I get to the airport and have them tell me like the hotel did that I don't have a confirmation? Will I get to the hotel and have them tell me that I don't have a reservation? Will I be doubly charged? But, yet there sits a $1500 charge on my credit card. Calling Travelocity all those times didn't get the charges removed, didn't get my account working, didn't confirm my upcoming trip in two weeks, and didn't get me the information that I need in order to cancel for a credit.

I'm not able to get any assistance.. I've emailed their customer service and told them of the problem a few times and I've still received no responses except an automated one that says we received your request and we'll get back to you. It's 10 days later and I've accomplished nothing by phone or by email. BEWARE OF THE SERVICES OFFERED BY TRAVELOCITY YOU MAY END UP PULLING OUT YOUR HAIR WHILE TRYING TO PLAN FOR A PLEASANT INEXPENSIVE TRIP. I have a family of 9 and we travel monthly, one, two, three, or all of us at a time and I will not be booking anymore trips with Travelocity. They've lost my business and they have lost my recommendation to many of the people who I know that travel.

Li
  14th of Apr, 2007

I booked airfare and hotel thru Travelocity and purchased the travel insurance thinking it would cover me if I needed to change my reservations. WRONG! Once you pay for your trip thru Travelocity you're basically screwed and can't make any changes without it costing you extra. Never again will I book a trip thru Travelocity. I tried to upgrade my hotel room and Travelocity wanted to charge me a fee of $90!! Ridiculous. I warn anyone to avoid using Travelocity. Book your flight thru the carrier and your hotel room directly. That way you can cancel or make changes at your convenience. Travelocity is a rip off.

Bi
  21st of Sep, 2007

Travelocity has the worst consumer relations (their term, and I understand why they don't use customer service) EVER! Their low price guaranty is worthless. I purchased a ticket and then found I was charged four times more than booking directly through the carrier. I contacted Travelocity and they told me I waited too long to submit the claim - I was two days late. Any reasonable business would have abided by the spirit of the rule and not the letter of the rule - especially since I have purchased at least 15 airline tickets and booked at least 10 hotels through Travelocity. Well, they lost a customer in me, and I will tell anybody that I met that Travelocity will screw you at the first opportunity . . . no matter how good a customer you are for them. Travelocity is the worst!

Ty
  18th of Feb, 2008

Tried to upgrade a room after booking. Travelocity wanted to charge me an extra $80 per night for this. I told them that on their website that they only charge an additional $25 per night. Customer service(*joke*) stated that since I bought the hotel as a package that this was the upgrade cost. I told them they were crazy and that I would contact the hotel. I called the hotel and the lady was super. She stated that it would be no problem and that they would charge only the $25 dollar/night upgrade. Also, has anyone been able to understand the customer service people at Travelocity. Everytime I call, they speak very broken English.

Pi
  24th of Aug, 2008

Sent an e-mail a week ago and still no reply to my complaint.

If anyone is thinking of using this company I do not recommend it.

Terrible

2nd of Dec, 2009

They should be put out of business. I am so pissed at them that I don't even want to mention their name.
Professional thieves. Probably bribed top government officials to stay in business. Never ever use them.

Jo
  5th of Feb, 2010

We will never use travelocity again and we urge all others to do the same. Use Cheaptickets or another company. Travelocity will take your money and not care what happens to you. If you try to make any changes you will be screwed.

Ra
  5th of Feb, 2010

Travelocity has the worst customer service of any company I've ever used. Their policies are set up to take as much money from their customers as possible. I recommend that no one use this horrible company. I've known of dozens of incidents where people were stranded or taken advantage of when they were stranded by this company. If you try to get their customer service on the phone you will retire and be long dead before you are able to get through to anyone. If you should by some miracle get through, you will get no assistance and will be put on eternal hold. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Ch
  6th of Dec, 2010

I purchased a ticket from Travelocity for $900. Subsequently I was unable to use it so I called and informed Travelocity. Somebody in Bangladesh or India or wherever they employ non-American workers informed me that I'd have a year from that date to utilize the ticket towards another ticket purchase on Travelocity. When I called back six months later to utilize my "credit, " I was put on hold for over an hour while I watched the seats fill up online on the flight I needed to get on. I live in a small town in Montana and flights can be hard to come by. I was finally forced to hang up the phone and call the airline and purchase an entirely new ticket, foregoing my Travelocity "credit." When I again tried to utilize my "credit, " I was less than a month past the "deadline" and they transferred me to Delta (which the original ticket was with) with no explanation. Delta, of course, said, "No dice!" I couldn't believe it. And after a complaint to the Montana Dept. of Consumer Protection and my credit card company, they still get off scott-free for not answering the phone and making customers go elsewhere because there are "disputed facts." The worst part may be that Travelocity is so unapologetic about taking $900 from me or robbing all the other folks who've reported complaints on this site. I hate Travelocity. Do not use this company. They're out to rip you off.

Da
  20th of Mar, 2011

travelocity is joke. better off dealing direct with airlines.

United changed my ticket departures and called Travelocity they said Insurance was for Tsunamis or death. Please I had a connection issue with American Airlines called them in 2 weeks got a refund.

Travelocity is a scam... Beware if anything goes wrong they will give a lame excuse and ignore you.

Po
  7th of Aug, 2011

booked an out of country trip through travelocity. plane tickets were fine, when we arrived at our destination we found out that travelocity had canceled both our ride from the airport to hotel ( a two hour drive ) as well as our hotel accomadations leaving us stranded in a foreign country with nowhere to stay or means of transportation. luckily the people there were more than helpful and we were able to rebook our room and ride there on the spot, thank god we had the room on our credit card to do so. called, emailed travelocity on our return thinking there would be some sort of refund. all i was given was a "sincere apology" and a promise that on our next booking they will ensure everything is correct. there will NEVER be another booking through travelocity, and i would reccommend to everyone and anyone to do the same. most companies would be embarrassed to have something like that happen, not travelocity

9th of Jun, 2013

booked a trip through travelocity to attend a military change of command ceremony for my nephew. 2 days later i emailed my nephew to confirm our attendance and told him our hotel was located in lakewood. the next day my nephew emailed a warning NOT to stay in lakewood as it is not considered safe. i was molested as a child, kidnapped as a teenager, chased by a ?? in the early hours one morning, a daughter was stalked and we had to get a restraining order... there's more but you get the picture. sooooo, after learning that lakewood is unsafe (this coming from a solider who served in iraq and afghanistan) there was NO way i was going to stay in lakewood. .this did not matter to travelocity - several phone calls and too much wait time the bottom line was NO REFUND but 'they' could reserve me another hotel at additional cost. ###. i am sick of being ripped off. my nephew paid for my room in a different town and i am trying to reimburse him. i will NEVER EVER use travelocity again. they SUCK just like my cancer.
fighting cancer

17th of Dec, 2013

Is it possible none of Travelocity`s customer service speaks no English? or just enough to get by? Half the time speaking to them I am trying to make out what they are saying, I guess that`s how they manage to rip you off is by giving up on listening on what they are trying to explain to you. I had 3 unused flight tickets worth approx 300$ each in credit, I had 1 year to use the credits from my understanding from what one service agent told me. 7 Months later I planned to use my credit and I find out I had to travel within the 1 year period which I was never told or her English was just so bad she just explained it wrong. Boycott Travelocity.

Me
  6th of Mar, 2014

We've had the worst experience with Travelocity! They screwed up out tickets! Refusing to fix them. I will never order tickets from them again! I now have CEO's number, going to email him. The treat people really bad. Worst customer service!

Li
  12th of May, 2014

Travelocity advertised a no charge for cancellation of a room rate before a certain date. I wanted to delete one day of a two day reservation and they wanted to increase the cost by another $20. There customer service reps are rude and told me they don't care what I think or what I want. Their policy is to charge more if you change the reservation. I will never use these jerks again. No one should ever use them as they are taking a big chance at getting screwed with the old bait and switch.