Toys r us / exchange policy

560 buckingham circleOrlando, FL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 512 287-0137
We purchased 2 mega blocks dump trucks for our 2 &3 year old. The wheel fell off the one truck, a simple product defect, resolved with a simple exchange. The store employee, than store manage refused to exchange the product on the basis I don't have my original receipt. Who keeps a receipt for a kids dump truck! Lets be reasonable. No amount of reasoning would change his mind so we have made the decision to NEVER purchase at a toys R us again. There are too many toy companies, not least Wal-mart, that stand behind the products they sell. Everyone should just shop elsewhere. The thousands they lost from us over a lousy $20 defective truck and their never exchange policy is just plain silly. Hope it was worth it. Feel free to join us in our boycot.
Og

Comments

Og
  30th of Nov, 2008
Bi
  28th of Dec, 2008
Honestly... it is people like you that make me hate working at TRU... We should not have to take back an item that YOU lost the receipt too... Who's fault is it... hmmm I don't know... maybe YOURS... you should really grow up and take responsiblity for your actions...

Too sad... I deal with tons of people like you everyday right now and its not my fault you can't keep up with your receipts...
Ki
  5th of Jan, 2009
Good lord dude. I just spent $280 at my TRU and wanted a $10 gift certificate ( as the coupon stated ) to put in the stocking for christmas. I had the receipt along with every item "unopened". The first phone call was with someone like your comment ( supposedly a manager ) and I ended up returning every product...purchasing them elsewhere for a lesser price. Customer service is the first key in success. Regardless who you are or where you work!
Kr
  2nd of Jun, 2009
I agree 110% with you on their return policy...it sucks! I just went in to return or even exchange an item i got as a gift for a boy and i'm having a girl from a baby shower and of course, receipt was not given to me. I talked with store manager and she wouldn't budge. i called corp and they wouldn't budge. It's a $10 gift and they just lost another customer over their poor customer service and even worse return policy.
Ma
  11th of Jun, 2009
FYI I HAD A RECEPIT AND THEY WOULD NOT TAKE BACK A SEASONAL ITEM THAT I PURCHASED. CORPORATE ALSO STATED THAT. TRU SELLS CRAP AND IF YOU WANT TO THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY GO AHEAD BUT DON'T EXPECT MUCH. I AM NOW BOYCOTTING THIS STORE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. THEY LOST THOUSANDS FROM ME OVER AN 11.00 TOY. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM GO OUT OF BUSINESS ALL TOGETHER!
1m
  13th of Dec, 2010
I bought my son something for his birthday and got a gift receipt and a regular receipt. I threw away the reg receipt and saved the gift receipt- figured that either one would do. Well, he go the same item from someone else. I went to returna and they WILL NOT GIVE YOU MONEY BACK with a gift receipt - only a store credit. My kid is 14 and there ais nothing else that he wants to buy from TRU. HE would like to just get the money and buy something else. So many other stores have easy returns. This one is the worst. I have younger nieces and nephews and I will NEVER SHOP here again!

Toys Toys "R" Us