Toyota Motor Corporation / scion xb peeling off paint

Scion XB Pelling off paint, United States Review updated:

On 6/14/15, I brought Scion XB (white paint) with 30k mileages and extended warranty (to 2020). No problem till a week ago. An unexpected bad thing happened in my car - The paint started peeling off, half of the paint on the top of the car already gone. Peeling just keeps going to other parts of the car. (1) I went to auto body shop, suggested me to contact Toyota cooperation and file a "Factory Defect complaint". (2) The cooperation (1800.331.4331) Customer Service Heks told me to take car to the dealer to confirm the defect for repairing. (3) The dealer won't take the responsibility. I brought their extended warranty (to 2020), dealer said, it doesn't cover the paint problem. (4) I did research on the Web, found this is a common problems in Scion white paint. A lot of complaints/fights with Toyota. (5) I am frustrate/mad to spend so much of time to fight the battle with big Toyota, Toyota just don't take any responsibility???, Can any one tell me how to go from here?

Toyota Motor Corporation

Je
Feb 08, 2019

Comments

• Mj
      Apr 26, 2019

I just read on a cars guide review that Toyota paint work is not the best quality regarding clear coat peeling off as that is what’s happened to my land cruiser and another persons rav4. Given the premium price for lamdcruisers especially, one would expect Toyota have only the best practices. Perhaps going like everyone else in the world, greedy, willing to sacrifice quality for bigger profit margins. Regarding the extended warranty, I spent almost $1000 for a three year one, tool to my mechanic and said it wasn’t worth the paper it was written on! Dishonest car salesman at it again, can’t imagine where they get that reputation from! It won’t let me a add photos but it’s a 2018 post on car sales answering a Rav4 paint work query if you want to read yourself. Sorry to hear that’s happened to you and I hope Toyota come to the party!