Town Fair Tire / charging for services that come free

1 Rte 6Seekonk, MA, United States Review updated:

Veterans Day 2008: Upon having a 2pm appt. and not leaving until 5pm, and after listening to at least two other customers blast the personel for the same issue, while NO manager stepped in, I noticed I was charged for an alignment that comes FREE with my tires. Keep in mind, I did ask the Town Fair empolyee at least two times if it came free. But his selling skills or should I say, "improper wording" of a Balance AND Alignment being one in the same, made me think otehrwise. When I sent Town fair a letter via email, as of today 1/18/2009, not one Town Fair manager has even called me. Instead, I recieved an email to say, my letter would be email to a regional manager and that I would be reimbursed $25.00 ..Which still has not arrived... because they were waiting for me to reply (??) ~This was by far the worst expeirence I have ever had in their industry! I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Ki

Comments

Tw
  8th of May, 2009

you paid for a four wheel alignment which is the proper alignment. The free one that your talking about is just the front tires and actually can mess the alignment up worse. you shouldn't post a complaint if you are ignorant to what you really paid for. You always had the right to ask someone from town fair and not a letter.

Wh
  8th of Nov, 2009

for one thing an alignment and balencing arent one in the same they are two different things and town fair tire gives a free front end alignment but if the manufactor requires a four wheel thats a different story some cars only have a front wheel adjustments and thats what you get free and as far as the wait time like anything else problems arise you might have to wait longer suck it up and get on with your life

Un
  3rd of Dec, 2009

In referance to the you paid for the 4 wheel alignment which is the proper allignment and a front wheel allignment can mess up your car answer.It is funny that you should say that because I went in for a Four wheel alignment and TOWN FAIR TIRE did a two wheel alignment and chared me for a four wheel alignment and said they could NOT do the four wheel alignment so if your answer is correct WHY DID TOWN FAIR TIRE START THE ALLIGNMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND CHARGE ME FOR WORK THEY DID NOT DO, they stated that the bolts were tooooooo tight .

I took my car elsewhere and THEY HAD NOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM DOING THE 4 wheel alignment and told me that TOWN FAIR TIRE did not know how to do it that is why it was not done.

We now have a saying here, "SET YOUR CAR ON FIRE BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR CAR TO TOWN FAIR TIRE" PS my company cars are not serviced anymore by TOWN FAIR TIRE and we do tell everyone about it and we are in the car repair business. please respond I cant wait !!!

Fr
  26th of Jan, 2011

Wow! What an arrogant response from Town Fair! I'm glad I switched to Firestone!

Ma
  8th of Sep, 2015

I worked for town fair tire as a salesman for a couple years and when it came to alignments we could not give away the free front end alignment, we were ordered to sell the four wheel alignment. If a customers vehicle does not have any adjustments in the rear we had to tell people the you have to reference the rear wheels to match the front. There is never a circumstance where you will ever get a free alignment from them. It is merely bait and switch.