Town Fair Tire / unprofessional

North Haven, CT, United States Review updated:
I normally do not take the time to blog a complaint, but after todays (12/18/08) mess I need to tell everyone.

I had a simple flat tire repaired. That was fine, nice job, BUT. I went inside my truck and everything was upside down. One can only assume that the employee was having a bad day and messed the inside of my truck. Employee was looking for the socket to unlock the tire. All compartments where messed up. Center compartment, glove compartment, under the back seat compartments. Items inside the door compartment I found on the back seat floor???

Portable razor was broken, this I leave in the front door compartment, why it was on the back floor one can only tell. I left the razor at the North Haven store. Employees actions uncalled for and unprofessioanl.

I complainted to the manager and showed him the mess. The manager did apologized (accepted), but it seems some new policies need to be enacted. May I suggest that a manager inspect the inside of a vehicle prior to and after any tire is repalced or repaired. A review for employees on how to respect a customers vehicle and please call owner if you can not find socket to unlock tire. A follow up phone call to see if everything was fine.

As a commercial customer I expected better. In this economy it only take one employee to tarnish your name and months to repair it.
Bo

Comments

Dr
  27th of Apr, 2009
Having worked for Town Fair Tire previously as a Tire Tech, i can tell you that store policy is that any needed parts for the work done (wheel locks mostly) are supposed to be found by the cars owner to prevent theft. While this normally isnt followed up on (It usually takes about 8 seconds to find the stuff), it should be if finding the item becomes a serious problem.

Town Fair Tire Centers Logo Town Fair Tire Centers