Toshiba Laptop / defective product

Don't buy a toshiba laptop. Don't buy at circuit city until you find out if Your new computer is really two years old already.

The key board looses keys that can't be replaced except by sending it back To the maker, the letters come off with use, the key pad paint rubs off, and The keys actually stop working, like "t" on my computer.

This happens immediately. If you don't have time to send it back to the Manufacturer, they will not replace it.

The battery was half dead also when i bought it and it caused me a lot of Problems with the computer until a toshiba rep told me finally to take it Out of the machine permanently.

I sent toshiba this information and they ignored it.

I bought a 3 year warranty and circuit city and they won't help either.

So consider their warranty in light of this.

Good luck with another product.

A

Comments

• Ni
      7th of Jan, 2007

I was notified by Customer Retention Service on 19 DEC 06 in an effort to resolve my Toshiba computer problem and the fact I wanted my money back because even after following all the required procedures and management steps it still never worked. This has been 5 months. I agreed to have it looked at one more time. I was given an invalid e-mail address by Trish, so I couldn't notify her that it was picked up by Fed-Ex, nor did she give me telephone number for any contact. Trish has not made any follow up calls. I got the computer back today without any paperwork. I called Richard's Computer this afternoon and Mike said he couldn't duplicate any of the problems. He said he installed a new systems board. He said I should try it out and let him know. Does that mean waste another 3 or 4 hours to see if you and the computer repair peoples did your jobs? This is really unprofessional. I would like to be contacted regarding this. If the computer works, the warranty needs to begin today. If it doesn't, well let's start again. I want my money back. We are now starting month 6. My school has been postponed and I have spent hundreds of wasted hours with this freak of a computer, that need to be replaced last August.

• Ka
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Have had the same problems with Toshiba. Sent in to have the two USB ports had a piece of plastic come out of the port. Paint worn off of mouse pad and key worn. They told me nothing was under warranty and the cost would be over $360.00 Thats nearly what it cost new. You have to replace the entire motherboard if the USB ports go bad. Sounded like this computer is one of the rare ones that has the USB ports directly attached to the motherboard. Sounds like a defect to me and should be covered. Toshiba does not honor it's warranty and I will never purchase another Toshiba computer.