tlg live well / unauthorized charges

1 800 flowers
Phone: 504-287-4180
I have ordered flowers from 1800 flowers and never had any problems for a couple of years. I have just recieved a debit of 38.99 on my bank account which also cost me 35.00 over draft fee from TLG live well. I searched this company and landed on this site. Only way i knew it was from 1-800flowers is due to this site and the other complaints I would like to cancel this due to I did not sign up for this and have my funds returned. Live well gave me a customer service number [protected] but can not get through.

N  29th of Jun, 2009 by
I ordered flowers through 1-800 flowers a in March 2008. In June 2009, my account was debited 38.99. The bank also notified that the same amount was debited from my account in March 2008.

According to the company TLG Live Well, when flowers are ordered, the individual is automatically signed up for a program that removes 38.99 from your account unless you specify otherwise. The problem is, the customer ordering the flowers is not given information about the program so you are not aware until you see money coming out of your account. The custmer service representative agreed to place the money back in my account without an arguement.

It seemed as if they are aware of their hidden non-informative tactics. How can the better business bureau stop them from this practice
N  19th of Sep, 2009 by
I made a purchase from 1-800-Flowers a little over a month ago, and just noticed a charge for TLG LIVE WELL, however I NEVER authorized this, beings that I've worked for a bank in the past, I have knowledge about fraudulent purchases. Ironically when you call TLG LIVE WELL, the customer service is closed. Anyone who encounters this, has to speak to someone at their bank to fight the charges, overdraft fees (if needed), and possibly request a new bank card to avoid a new charge.
N  19th of Sep, 2009 by
I'm not sure if you had this issue resolved but you should contact your bank or credit card and dispute it beings that it wasn't authorized. They should fill out whatever paperwork and it should take a couple days to post back into your account.
A  30th of Sep, 2009 by
I also was charged $38.99 on my last statement from TLG LiveWell and had no clue what it was for. What I also didn't realize is that TLG LiveWell has been charging this amount on my card every 3 months since I ordered flowers in February!! I called their 800 number, and spoke to a customer service rep who was very polite, however, they would only refund the current charge. So I'm out $77.98. THANKS ALOT for that $15 rebate 1800FLOWERS!! I will never order from them again.
N  1st of Nov, 2009 by
This same company has screwed many people over. Please go to www.ftc.gov and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If they get enough complaints regarding a single company, they will definatily do something about it. Report TLG Live Well and 1-800-Flowers.com
A  1st of Dec, 2009 by
on ph with 1800flowers now I will resolve this thru my state attorney fraud division and my local bank
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Here is a quick tip. Call livewell at 18007932318 and tell them that you canceled your membership through email. Have your membership ID ready for them to look it up. They will ask for a conformation #. Just say you never received one and it was 2 ago when you canceled. They will reverse the charges made and cancel your account. Just a quick and easy fix that may help anyone who wants to avoid the hassle of paperwork.
N  17th of Jun, 2010 by
I just found out that this tlg Live Well has recently charged me the same amount of $38.99. I ordered flowers maybe 3 -4 months ago, so I'm assuming it stemmed from that? How do they keep doing this and stay in business??