tlg live well / Unauthorized charge

1 Hagerstown, MD, United States Review updated:

I received a charge for 35.99 on my credit card today from this comapny. I DID not authorize this charge. I have no way of calling them to complain and have it removed. I can not find them on the web of by any other method. I need to have this money refunded to my account.

Kr

Comments

• Ju
      5th of May, 2009

I have had the same thing every month (about 6 now). I did finally find a number and cancel it but the charges are still showing up.

• Ju
      5th of May, 2009

Actually it's a quarterly charge of $35.99. I just spoke with Rokisha at 800-793-2318 and she agreed to credit the last charge or they would send an $80 rebate if I kept the account active. I had them deactivate this account and credit the charge. Then spoke with a supervisor named Juliet who was very nice and was able to credit all charges applied.

I hope this helps others!

• Bo
      22nd of Jun, 2009

This is what you do...First be CALM... SECOND... Chances are you placed an online order like I done to the Popcorn Factory- and the Flowers.com. After you pay for your order, there is a rebate offer of 15.00, which has absolutely NOTHING to do with your order. If you agree to the rebate, you will receieve a 35.00 charge. The name of company is Living Well, P.O. Box 6100 Westerville, OH 43086, and the CEO is Nat Lipman. To get a refund for your misfortune call them at 1-800-793-2318. Good Luck... Give them HELL...

• Wa
      23rd of Jun, 2009

This live well company charged my account as well. I havent contacted them yet but they will not get my money without my permission. Thanks for everyones help.

• Bl
      28th of Jul, 2009

Had the same thing happen to me after placing an order with 1-800 Flowers..not only did they not deliver my flowers as promised but then after receiving a $20 credit from them I get my statement and see a charge to TLGfor $35.99. I did call the 800 number and was told that they would stop the subscription and put in for a refund..I am not going to hold my breath and will be totally surprised if I do receive a credit. I did learn that I will never order from the flower place again and to be careful with what buttons I push next time..Now I am off to file a charge against them with the BBB of my state. This has been a total joke.

• Ah
      31st of Jul, 2009

I just had this happen to me! I placed an order with "The Popcorn Factory" and got scammed! I used to consider myself internet savvy, but now I feel like a fool! I need that money! Luckily the people at my bank are very helpful and I called TLG from there and demanded a refund! they conceded and said they would refund within 48 hours. The woman at the bank said that if it's not refunded by Wednesday to come back in and they can begin to file the paperwork for fraudulent charges. I called the popcorn factory and said that I would no longer do business with them as long as they are affiliated with this company! And now I'm going to post it on facebook and email everybody I know!

21st of Sep, 2009

Wanted to let folks know that I did receive my refund today from TLG Live. I had mistakenly signed up for it when I ordered from 1-800-FLOWERS and just thought I was getting a $15 rebate. I didn't read the fine print! TLG Live was very nice about it and I got my refund within 5 business days.

• Br
      7th of Oct, 2009

I ordered flowers off 1-800-FLOWERS back in...the Spring, and I apparently checked the 30-day trial box. My statement for this last billing period (Ending today) has the $38.99 charge from TLG LIVE*WELL, my jaw dropped, eyes like a deer in headlights when I saw that because I had NO IDEA what it was. Googled it, found this, called the number next to the account number on my statement and spoke with a guy who, although very courteous and nice, was desperately trying to retain my membership while I kept telling him to "I want you to cancel the account and charge back my credit card because I DO NOT want to be a member." He sat there "You have an unused blah blah...you can do this, that..." and I couldn't care less. I just want my money back. He ended up giving me a cancellation number and, after much ado about nothing, he finally spilled and gave me his name. If this charge does not disappear, I (and everyone else here) has only one recourse, call your credit card company and refuse to pay.

• Us
      26th of Jan, 2010

I just called this Darius guy at TLG Live Well. 1800-793-2318. I told them I did authorize this charge, and that I did not want that stupid, worthless Memebership. I was calm and told him I didnt want the Membership. He also told me that I would see a Refund in my next 2 bill cycles. He also said that my "membership" was cancelled. I guess we will see if it happens or not. I hope this helps other people out.

• Mu
      1st of Feb, 2010

I cancelled my membership months ago and I was charged $38.99 again. I order flowers from 800flowers.com and I have even called them about this and they POLITELY hung up in my face. My bank has reveresed the charges and now I have to wait for a new card. This guy from Living well is making money off of us. I have turned 1800flowers.com into the BBB as well as into our local TV station that investigates fraud activity.

• Ta
      14th of Aug, 2010

I have the same problem...An amount showed on my account of 38.99 and I called the bank to see what it was and they told me it was from TLG LIVEWELL. I think it is not right for them to do this to so many people. Is this legal ? What can we do about it ? Please contact me with any suggestions...

• El
      1st of Jan, 2011

Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: info@freedweiss.com

(Tactics include pop-up windows during checkout at another site, text messages with fake gift certificates, bogus checks in the mail, and automated recordings when you pay a bill via phone).

Email: info@freedweiss.com