TLG GREATFUN / Credit Card Fraud

14 Rickard StreetCortland, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 607-756-9188
I googled and Wikipedia had this to say about this company. It went by a different name but this is the same one.
"Numerous issues with this company have been reported. According to the Better Business Bureau, hundreds of issues have been reported by consumers for deceptive selling practices, unauthorized charges to consumers' credit cards, and failure to respond or resolve issues. Many of these complaints stem from the charges individuals found on their credit card statements. Consumers are told that it takes 28 days for a charge to be canceled or credited back, and even employees of the credit card company are not able to dispute these charges in the same manner any other charge would be handled. In fact, a completely different process is required, as per the creditors contracts with Affinion Group. This process is designed to give Affinion group as many chances to "save the sale" as possible. Where any normal unauthorized charge can be disputed and resolved within a month as a matter of law, charges from these merchants are often not resolved for several months on end.[5]

On March 7, 2005, the company made a Settlement Agreement with the Office of the Attorney General of Florida. Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Chapter 501, Part II, Florida Statutes.[6]

In July, 2005, the Attorney's General of Connecticut, California, and Maine brought a lawsuit against TLG/Affinion for allegedly deceiving consumers into enrolling in its clubs.[7] [8]

In December, 2006, Trilegiant/Affinion agreed to pay over $8 million dollars to 17 states and their residents to settle allegations they tricked residents into paying for its programs.[9]"

Check it out for yourself.
By the time these guys take a little here and a little there from unsuspecting, hardworking, honest citizens, they have amassed millions! Maybe it's time this was addressed on a Federal level and not just by each state. I would certainly be glad to take part in a class action against them for punitive damages! This might put an end to their thievery!

Comments

An
  9th of Oct, 2007

TLG GREATFUN - UNAUTHORIZED BANK CHARGE

I was charged 9.95 from this company without explanation and it appeared on my bank statement in September 2007.

Beware people!
Ax
  18th of Nov, 2007
I was charged $190.00 from this company without explanation and it appeared on my credit statement in November 16 2007.
Lv
  29th of Nov, 2007
I am also charged 12.99 from TGL while I did not use it!! It is shown on the statement on 10/22/07.
Wo
  29th of Nov, 2007
I was charged $12.99 from TGL without explanation and it appeared on my credit statement in November 28 2007.
Is
  29th of Nov, 2007
This TLG Great fun company have been charging us for the las ten months. We just realize it. We do not know anything about this charge, why or what for is this company!

I am amazed how many people is in the same situation they are PRO thieves!

What should we do?
Cv
  3rd of Dec, 2007
TLG Great Fun has been charging me 9.99 a month for products I have never seen. I canceled last month and this month I got a charge of 9.99 from them. I called and they said they will credit me for the charge. We will see.
Ke
  16th of Mar, 2008

TLG GREATFUN - Billed credit card!
TLG GreatFun
10908 S Stateline RD
Chicago
Illinois
Phone: (773) 933-4805

They have billed my credit card 9.99 for 10mos i don't know who the are... i have not noticed they are a scam!
Am
  9th of Apr, 2008
The charge on my credit card came after purchasing tickets on Fandango. Fandango and TLG Greatfun are the same company or Fandango shares credit card information with them. Shame shame!!!
  20th of Apr, 2008
I was charge 7 months in a row i try calling but can't reach phone nunbers.I've never seen there product.pls help me? TLG who are YOU?
Ka
  9th of Aug, 2008

TLG GREATFUN - UNAUTHORIZED BANK CHARGE

GREAT FUNN KEEPS TAKEING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY AUTH I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE PLEASE HELP STOP THIS ANR LET ME KNOW HOW THANKS KATHY
Ka
  9th of Aug, 2008

tlg greatfun

they keep taking money from my account i called and told them to stop but it didnt do any good i dont even know what they do please help
Ba
  23rd of Aug, 2008

IOWA AVE
LAKE ARTHUR
Phone: 3377742219

I HAVE HAD 3 WITHDRAWALS FROM MY CHECKING ACT. NOW FROM THIS CO. AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO THEY ARE.I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO WITHDRAW FROM MY ACT.I AM CONTACTING MY ATTORNEY MON. AS EVERYTIME I TYR CALLING THEM THEY ARE CLOSED.
Ap
  8th of Sep, 2008
Can anyone tell me how to stop this? They have been debiting my account for months now and I cannot get it to stop. Help?
  12th of Sep, 2008
They have billed my credit card as well. $11.99 for the last 3 months. How do I get them to stop?
  13th of Sep, 2008
I have filed a complaint with the Fedral Trade Commission. I told them about the various sites with similar complaints. If more than one person registers a complaint with the FTC, maybe they will see a pattern and be able to do something. I will continue to monitor the activity until this is taken off our accounts, and stopped.
Ew
  3rd of Jan, 2009

Martha Wolfgang
Ohio

I have had two deductions of $11.00 each on my mastercard for this company. I have not been able to reach them at the number 800-290-8603 and wondered how someone else handled this problem...Help???!!!
De
  15th of Jan, 2009

tlg great fun

I was charger 11.99 on my bank accout. I dont know waht it is for and why it was charge. Is it be taken care of. I can.t find a phone number. Dee
Te
  17th of Apr, 2009
my credit card company is sending me paperwork to file fraud charges against them
Te
  17th of Apr, 2009
try 1-866-385-1135 I got them and "Jim" was so friendly till I did my rant and rave thing
Co