Tlg Great Fun / stealing from my checking account!

Nicholson, GA, United States Review updated:
4.6
I have been charged $9.99 for at least 13 months and never realized what it was. Called the company, TLG Great Fun, and they told me I signed up for their services. I asked what the services were and was given no answer. I told the lady to credit my account for all charges and to discontinue the charges. She just mumbled around and then hung up on me. This company is a SCAM and a stop should be put on them. If I do not get my money back, plus 2 overdraft fees of $35. oo, I will contact my lawyer and have them prosecuted. I NEVER sign up for services, online or over the phone, so I know I did not give permission for money to be taken from my account every month!!!

Comments

Do
  2nd of Jan, 2008
i was just charged for a service i did not request or have any past experience with, what do i do? just who is this "TLG great fun" anyway?
Ci
  20th of Mar, 2008
this is for ever one that has had a charge from tlg*great fun at some point you have ordered something off line and a survey has poped up asking if you like to save money if you say yes tgl great then takes your credit card number from where you purched (such as a dvd ) or what ever then they start charging you some amount of money in my case 35.99 ever 3 mounths you need to call your credit card and find out a account number and then call 800-290-8603. i got this from my bank where my debit card was being charged. i call tgl great fun and the told mee that i would have all my money refunded in 10 to 12 business days i will let you know
M
  25th of Mar, 2008
We were signed up for the Great Fun "service" after using a parking service at LAX. We didn't notice for a few months. When I did notice, I called and asked what the charge was for. I was hung up on. When my husband called (a phone bank in Malasia) he was told we were signed up after a "positive resaponse". He asked what the service was and was told it was a discount card. He asked where his membership card was, if he was a member. He was not offered a response to that question. He asked where he could use the discounts and the phone operator told him he did not know of any stores. When pushed the phone operator gave him a different phone number to call to cancel the "service" and receive a refund. We are now waiting on the refund.
  26th of Mar, 2008
I just called my Attorney General and was told that it is o.k. for these banks to put charges like this on our credit cards, but if you can't get them to agree to refund the charges the Attorney General's office will help you fight to get a refund. Otherwise, they can add these charges to anyones bill, we just have to watch our statement. So if TLG Great Fun does not refund your charges call the Attorney General's office. And everyone need to watch their credit card statement closely.
Ra
  31st of Mar, 2008
Same thing happened to me. In November, on my bill there was a 99.99 charge on bill.

I called them and asked for a refund because I never, never join anything online, nor buy anything online. But somehow they got my credit card number and charged me for something I didnt even sign up for.

I don't even know who they are and what they do.
I called them for a refund. They said they will send it. It is now almost April and they still havnt sent it.

And now I am calling them back, but they dont even pick up.
Is there a way we can sue them or something?
Tj
  5th of Apr, 2008
I went out for Subway yesterday afternoon at work. I ordered a Subway. To my suprise I woke up to review my account since I do that daily. I noticed a charge for 35.99 today on 4/5 that I did not authorized. I agreed who ever is doing this is comitting fraud.
Mi
  10th of Apr, 2008
My complaint is like everyone elses. This company charged my accout for $11.99 for the past 3 months and I just now realized it. I did not sign up for anything through them. Whats the "service"? I can't get anyone who answers the phone to give me a straight answer. FRAUD! They also sent me a "check" for $9 and on the back it says this is an enrollment offer and by cashing the check I agree to pay them even more money throughout the next 12 months! Again, What's the service?
Br
  16th of Apr, 2008
They got me also. I caught them only days after them charging me though. When I called they said that they automatically signed me up when I bought something from a website called property room. com. do not buy from that website and watch your statement!
Be
  2nd of May, 2008
It is time for a class action law suit. I will research what can be done. I have also fallen victim to these ### and am preparing to fight back. I think there is greater strength in numbers. All who want to be part of this and are victims you can reach me at jobouma@yahoo.com with suggestions and we can then explore how to tackle this issue.
  30th of Jul, 2008
I just called TCF great fun... the number that was attached to the $11.99 charge on my credit card statement. The representative was persistent that I had signed up for this FRAUDULENT service and explain there was no way I was going to receive a refund of the 4 previous months that were charged. He said I signed up for the service at Shoebuy.com. I have never purchased anything or have even visited shoebuy.com.
I demanded to speak to his superior. He explained that I would have a 30 minute wait time. 2 minutes later a new rep came on the phone. He was just a rude. Therefore I remained persistent and aggitated and demanded my refund and cancellation of whatever service they have.
My refund is suppose to be credited in 10-15 days... We'll see!
Ma
  12th of Aug, 2008
i just spoke with someone at great fun, which i could barely understand what she was saying, they were taking 12.99 off my debit card for the past 2 months. Says i will receive a refund within 2 business transactions (whatever that means) never heard of the company never signed up for anything.
Ed
  24th of Jun, 2009
I just had the fraud dept of my bank refund all the tlg great fun charges on my acct with my bank statements and dates. Problem is, I didn't have ALL my bank statements so I could only get refunds on the ones I had. Still I know they have been charging this bogus charge for over a year! My fault for not taking action sooner but you just figure it's a parking meter or some obscure company which handles another service...that is what they count on! I am going to forward this website with complaints to the BBB and my local bank so they can be made aware. When you add it all up they probably ripped me off a flight to Europe or Mexico!! Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Da
  6th of Jul, 2010
Same thing. I have been charged by TLG great fun for 5 months now.. My bank gave me their tel number. It was actually on the bank account statement, just I have never payed attention to it. ALWAYS check your statement! That's what I am going to do now. As for the refund, it doesn't seem to be easy. They said it's impossible but we will see. I am not done with them.
  7th of Jun, 2011
I just got a $10 rebate offer on airport shuttle from Great fun...they tried to get me to sign up for their service and and I said NO and NO. The only info I gave them is name and address. Does the business that they advertise on know this? Why do they allow them to do that if it is not legit? Not sure how they would get my account number...I will check with my credit company.
  7th of Jun, 2011
I just got offer for a $10 rebate from Great Fun on booking airport shuttle. They tried to get me to sign up for their offer and I said NO and NO. All I gave them is name and address. Whey do companies allow them to advertise on their website when it is not legit? I will talk to my credit company just in case any weir happens.

Great Fun Logo Great Fun