Titan Auto Insurance / Billing errors!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

The customer service at Titan Auto Insurance is unbelievable. I received an erroneous bill for over $300 and when I called Titan to get it straightened out they told me they were upping my monthly payments because they had failed to accurately check my driving record. (Even though I had given them my license number and been completely honest about every ticket and violation). They refused to lower the payments, so I discontinued my business with them. A week later they sent me a refund check for $150. Nice, right?

2 weeks later, I received a bill for almost $400! If I don't pay it, they're sending me to collections. Every time I call Customer Service to try to straighten this out, I get put on hold for 20+ minutes and then I get hung up on. On one particular day, I got hung up on 3 times by 3 different reps!

They must have a quota for how many customers they can be rude to in a 24 hour period. Unbelievable!

Me

Comments

• Tr
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I agree that this company can be shady. They dont disclose the fact that if you attempt to go with another insurance company, they charge a early closure fee of 10 percent of the premium. Stupid.

• Fr
      7th of Mar, 2009

I have this insurance company too and the customer service is beyond horrible, I called my agent and left him numerous messages for a quote and nothing...Just yesterday I received a letter in the mail stating that i owe them $114 since my last payment was 2/5/09 when it was actually on the 18th ! they are trying to screw me for overdue fees and other things I dont recommend it to anyone im cancelling my policy with them asap. p.s. The other guy is right my agent knew that i hadnt had prior insurance with anyone else and he didnt disclose that you pay 10% of your remaining premium.Instead he lied to me and said if I cancel with them I will have to pay everything in full.They're ###ed.

• Ti
      20th of Nov, 2009

They are ###s, I worked for them for 2. 5 years and they treat their good employees like ###, while the troublemakers are praised and kept. I was fired because I blew the whistle on the office bullies...Nice group, huh...My advice take any other insurance offered to you, do not write any business with Titan, don't even let them put you through another company they may write through, because they will still treat you like ###. They don't want to do any followup or customer service, they simply want your money and for you to keep your mouth shut. They are the worst corporate company in America...

• Pa
      23rd of Sep, 2015

I recived a notice from a collection agent stating I owe TITAN money yet my bank statement shows they where payed in full it is disappointing to think companies can act this way towards the people that pay their wages. I am also removeing my motorcycle from their policies I would rather pay more than put up with this kind of customer disrespect